Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Cigar forums - one-woman man or player?

Just had the strangest encounter - or feeling. First off, never have been a big forum person. Did some garden forums back years ago but the most time ever spent on any forum was back in the CS Gorilla days. That was the only cigar forum I was a member of. Then the transition here in 10/08 and really never went back to the fish site, except to dissolve my associations with all my loose ends. Fast foward to today - I just went back to look up something I remember from years ago, thanks to Cliff. It was such an eerie feeling. I logged on. No new PMs. Last visit 12/09 (don't remember that). Looking around old posts - it seemed like a quiet shipwreck on the ocean floor. You knew there was action and liveliness at one time, but it was no longer there. It felt like you were going back to visit an old girlfriend. The things and people you remember are still there, but it's totally different and the warm feelings are gone. It was weird. I was ready to leave. Got my info and logged out. Nice to come back home the warm orange, yellow, and tan glow here.

I'm old-school. I'm a one-woman man. This is my cigar home. I don't venture. I don't care to know what else is out there. I see new faces come and go, but I get a sense of security seeing the same old guys I've been following cigars and life events for going on 4 years now. BTW, this is also the only forum of any type I participate in. I'm an avid Internet user, but I get my buddy fix here.

Again, thanks goes out to the TOE for a sweet meeting place. Home is where the heart is. (and an ad-free home at that!)

Time for an LCG #3.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cigar forums - one-woman man or player?

This is my only Cigar forum and i'm never leaving, I pop into my old watch forums now and again (to buy or sell a watch) but don't ever really banter with anyone.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

I'm a member of a few other forums, only check one with any frequency, but this is my home
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #4
jesseboston81
CC Simple PIF Promoter

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (41)
Bolivar
jesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nicejesseboston81 is just really nice

I lurk on a few other forums when I've exhausted all the new posts here, but this is the only one where I actively post and participate.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

This is the only place for me. I have tried a few other cigar sites and it got right down vicious. I love this place.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I'm still a member at the knife forums, I have 750 posts in 4+ years. I lurk there occasionally but it never felt like a comfortable place, too much lying, cheating and bad mouthing. They got one years paid membership from me but that's it...I'm done.

I haven't been here a year yet and I'm already at ~4,100 posts. This place is much warmer, nicer and the people here are great. Gives you a big reason to participate. Every now and then I venture back to the knife forums for about 3 minutes. Then realize what a gross error I made and a waste of 3 minutes.

I stumbled here first, it must have been good luck shinning down on me that day.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

this is home
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

This is my one and only too. Nothing else even comes close to comparing.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #9
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

I started swimming also and by chance found CA. The ocean has been over taken by sharks, if you will, and is not a fun place to swim anymore. I do go back on occasion due to some things I am still invloved with, but always come right back here.

This is home!!!!! Thanks to the ToE for giving us this place called HOME!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

I get that. Feels like you are roaming through an abandoned building but I go back to the old place sometimes when I am doing my cigar research. The information that place contains from mid 08 and back for another 10 years is invaluable to me. Reading posts from the true FOG's you don't see anymore is still an awesome learning experience.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #11
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

This (starting with CS) has been my home on the internet. Do I visit a few pipe and cigar forums on the side? Sure. But when I get into bed at night, CA is always the one next to me.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #12
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I Freaking love this place and all you crazy inmates!! I have made so many friends here!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #13
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

CA is home -- that's all that I need...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
fid
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (2)
CoastGuard (Served With Honor)
fid is on a distinguished road

What is "the other place", and "CS". Have seen these referred to before, but I guess I ain't been around long enough to pick up on the meaning.
fid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #15
Cenookie
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Claude
Trading: (1)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Cenookie is on a distinguished road

I don't participate in any other forums, no need to. I get my fix here, thanks goes out to the TOE for all there hard work making this nuthouse what it is!!!!!
Cenookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #16
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

We are glad you all consider this "home".

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:05 AM   #17
RHNewfie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (15)
Partagas
RHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the rough

This is home for sure Papa-Tom!!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:17 AM   #18
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
What is "the other place", and "CS". Have seen these referred to before, but I guess I ain't been around long enough to pick up on the meaning.
CS - Club Stogie - also called the Jungle, as a smoking Gorilla was the mascot. Sold and bought and changed to Puff. Soon thereafter, genius minds got together, spent lots of cash, and created this haven. The guys/gals with semi-intelligence moved, the rest stayed behind. The rest is Internet history.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #19
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

This is the only cigar forum I've ever belonged to, though I also belong to a fountain pen forum and one for hats and all things vintage.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:27 AM   #20
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
This (starting with CS) has been my home on the internet. Do I visit a few pipe and cigar forums on the side? Sure. But when I get into bed at night, CA is always the one next to me.
Mikey, how does the girlfriend feel about that?