Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #21
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What are you snuffing?

I have a tin of W.E. Garrets American Scotch Snuff and Dean's S.P.
I picked up The American Scotch as a n00b (I still am a snuff n00b) and now I love it. Awesome kick, and great flavor!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #22
hurricane6

great, more stuff out there to keep me addicted to nicotine! I guess a new nicotine slope for me to try. last year was the snus slope-crashed and burned!
Old 01-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #23
RHNewfie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (15)
Partagas
RHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the rough

This may be moronic but can someone explain snuff to me? I'd like to try snus someday though, the packeted stuff.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #24
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHNewfie View Post
This may be moronic but can someone explain snuff to me? I'd like to try snus someday though, the packeted stuff.
Nasal Snuff is a dryed, powdered form of tobacco. The user takes a pinch of say tobacco and sniffs it into the nose (ideally it should sit in the middle-front of the nose). There, nicotine is absorbed through the nasal membranes in the nose. These also have pleasant flavors which users can enjoy.

hope that helps
Old 01-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #25
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Nasal Snuff is a dryed, powdered form of tobacco. The user takes a pinch of say tobacco and sniffs it into the nose (ideally it should sit in the middle-front of the nose). There, nicotine is absorbed through the nasal membranes in the nose. These also have pleasant flavors which users can enjoy.

hope that helps
Good description. This link may also help:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2246532_use-...paign=yssp_art

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #26
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

Had some Samuel Gawith Cob Dark for the 1st time today. Very soapy flavor. Not my favorite but will try it again.

MCS
MajorCaptSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #27
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

Bolivar

Been on a Toque Espresso binge for tha last couple days mixed with and occasional sniff of McChrystal's Original & Genuine for a menthol kick.

MCS
Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #28
PartagasIV
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
PartagasIV will become famous soon enough

How often does one take snuff (and how much), out of curiosity? Is the nic rush similar to packing a lip?
PartagasIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #29
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartagasIV View Post
How often does one take snuff (and how much), out of curiosity? Is the nic rush similar to packing a lip?
Some take it 30-40 times a day. Ive never packed a lip so i dunno how it compares.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:30 AM   #30
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When we were kids we used to get "Sniffin Snuff". It only takes a tiny pinch to blow your brains out. It burns your nose, makes your eyes water, and always reminded me of cinnamon. I went through a pile of it and never experienced any nicotine rush to speak of, but it definately opens up the sinuses.
I've got about 30 years of dipping snuff addiction under my belt and I don't get any rush, either.
If I were to compare early instances of cigars, chewing tobacco, dipping snuff, cigarettes and sniffing snuff, the dip and cigars definately hold the "whallop" for me. Sniffing snuff compares to filtered cigarettes, more or less. At least in my experience.
I'm sure there's probably more refined and more powerful sniffing snuff nowadays. The stuff we got when we were kids was in a 2 inch high by maybe 1 1/4" round tin can with a stamped lid if I recall correctly.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:27 AM   #31
adampc22

i use meny meny snuffs i remeber makeing a post on cs ages ago asking if enybody used snuff not one person replyd lol arwell never mind lol gawith apricot is my fav
Old 01-16-2009, 04:46 AM   #32
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

Bolivar

Quote:

Depending on what sort of nasal snuff you're using, you will get quite the rush at the beginning. It usually only lasts a few minutes. The flavor can stay with you for hours. I haven't dipped since I was I was in high school so, I don't remember the nicotine effects of that.

MCS
Old 01-16-2009, 04:48 AM   #33
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
When we were kids we used to get "Sniffin Snuff". It only takes a tiny pinch to blow your brains out. It burns your nose, makes your eyes water, and always reminded me of cinnamon. I went through a pile of it and never experienced any nicotine rush to speak of, but it definately opens up the sinuses.
I've got about 30 years of dipping snuff addiction under my belt and I don't get any rush, either.
If I were to compare early instances of cigars, chewing tobacco, dipping snuff, cigarettes and sniffing snuff, the dip and cigars definately hold the "whallop" for me. Sniffing snuff compares to filtered cigarettes, more or less. At least in my experience.
I'm sure there's probably more refined and more powerful sniffing snuff nowadays. The stuff we got when we were kids was in a 2 inch high by maybe 1 1/4" round tin can with a stamped lid if I recall correctly.
I think you might of got a can of American snuff. Some of the American snuff is quite a bit stronger than the European brands.

MCS
Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #34
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Waiting for payday. Gonna get some nasal snuff to try.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #35
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Waiting for payday. Gonna get some nasal snuff to try.
Sweet! Tell us what you got, and how you like it!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #36
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

paint, glue... oh, wait... er... um... "snuffing"? Nevermind...
Old 01-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #37
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Sweet! Tell us what you got, and how you like it!
Thinking about going w/ this, along with some other types too:

http://www.marscigars.com/bespoke-christmasjoy.aspx

Insert quote here.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #38
adampc22

snuff is tax free were i am its the only tobacco to be cigars and cigs and tobacoo have 360% tax but snuff is tax free its the only tobacco item i can get cheaper than u american guys lol
Old 01-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #39
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Thinking about going w/ this, along with some other types too:

http://www.marscigars.com/bespoke-christmasjoy.aspx
That looks awesome. Now you can really say, "Hey, this smells like Christmas!!"
Old 01-18-2009, 02:54 AM   #40
adampc22

THIS JUST IN A HAVE A NEW FAV SNUFF lol a few of u will no that a take alot of snuff i am talking to u mj and andrew i have a new fav snuff J&H WILSONS MEDICATED No99 its bloody awsome TRY IT