Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2008, 11:56 PM   #1
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation
Default Rant...

So, a little over a month ago we ended up having mice in our apartment. We caught a few, and the poison the apartment complex caught one (of course it died behind the dishwasher and started to stink).

Anyway, we bought one of those electronic thingies that are supposed to keep them away. Said that the first two weeks might have increased activity. Well, none the first two weeks, now in the 3rd week and tonight, two of them. I heard the first one snap and knew what it was. Threw the trap away, replaced it and no more than 15 minutes later, snap again.

Now, I'm ranting mostly about our freaking apartment and the new management. 2 years here and not one problem, then they take over this summer and they obviously aren't doing something. Maybe it's that so many people moved out that the mice are going where people are? I'm not sure but we just got our new lease today and I'm wondering what to do. If it weren't such a pain to move, my decision would be made. Further complicating things is that we live in one of the three best neighborhoods in our city, and one of probably the top 5 in the metro area I'd want to live in.

Anyway, another rant is the snap traps. I chose them over the more "humane" ones because I thought they'd work better (which I think they do) and because I thought finishing the mice off quickly was more humane IMO. Since I actually heard them snap this time, I found out they don't exactly finish the mice off very quickly. I had to play executioner twice tonight. I couldn't in good conscious let them struggle to a slow death.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no animal rights activist, but I guess I have too much heart to let even a mouse die slowly if I can intervene.