Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Troops Room

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
gnarly

Default I'm a college student considering the military...

I'm currently a junior in college double majoring in computer science and cognitive brain science at Tufts University. I'm really not sure about my plans after graduation. I know I want to go to graduate school, but I don't know if I want to continue with computer science, Masters or Doctorate, or maybe go to Business school. I'm also concerned about the cost and which programs will accept me.

Before I commit the time and money to a career, I think it'd be wise to change my setting possibly change my perspective. I did this when I moved from Kansas City to Boston, and it helped a lot. Sort of a "viewing my past life from a distance" to better evaluate where I want to be.

I know people join the military for a variety of reasons, and mine certainly aren't the best or ideal. I also have other options like Teach for America, internships, getting a job, teaching English abroad, etc. However, none of these are as appealing. I also understand the joining the military would be a completely different and more difficult experience.

Before I keep on typing, maybe it'd be more helpful for you to ask me questions, or just give some general advice, literature, or ideas.

It's really late, hopefully this coherent. It also might be in the wrong section since I'm not a member of any "Troop", hopefully the mods can move it to General Discussion if that's better.

Thanks,

Wyatt