Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 01-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #41
looking for know
Dr. Mike

First Name: Mike
Trading: (10)
Army (Served With Honor)
looking for know is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What Mc Donald's is feeding you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
Eating brains from a monkey whose skull is opened at your table doesn't sound so bad now, eh?
I hear they're tasty.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #42
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

If there is anything better than a McRib sandwich, can someone please point it out to me?
Old 01-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #43
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
Dude, maybe that was all you; I was Sublant out of Holy Loch. Man, it rocks being a Squid, don't it?
Yeah, we all had some times back then. Strange how we look back on getting thrown out of places like that as badges of honor isn't it?

Oh, no wait, we called that "World Travel" and "Experiencing Other Cultures".
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #44
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Been there, done that, sobered up before I got the tattoo though.
I got my first tat in the Navy. I was sober

Mickey D's was always the first place I went when the boat got home. Big Mac smothered with sweet-n-sour sauce. Those were the days. Then off to the liquor store........
Old 01-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #45
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Yeah, we all had some times back then. Strange how we look back on getting thrown out of places like that as badges of honor isn't it?

Oh, no wait, we called that "World Travel" and "Experiencing Other Cultures".
Things have a funny way of looking better in the rear view mirror. I wasn't usually thrown out, as much as dragged out by Shore Patrol.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #46
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montano View Post
I got my first tat in the Navy. I was sober

Mickey D's was always the first place I went when the boat got home. Big Mac smothered with sweet-n-sour sauce. Those were the days. Then off to the liquor store........
Boat? Were you a Bubblehead, too?
Old 01-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #47
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

I haul about 1.5 million pounds of beef a week from Cargill for my company. The sanitary testing is very stringent. My trucks are regularly delayed because product has been held up for USDA testing. Even though a beef recall makes big news it happens incredibly infrequently when you consider the volume of beef produced annually. The USA butchers over 300,000,000 cattle annually. Being a natural product, there are inherent risks with contamination. You've all seen farms at one time or another. They're dirty. Some of that dirt/mud/feces/urine muck that cattle walk in is gong to occasionally make it into the food chain. Our food production and distribution systems are the cleanest in the history of mankind. The use of ammonia is not a problem. The problem is that Beef Products was exempted from testing and recall.

By the way, do you guys realize that the chickens you buy, even the organic free range ones, are washed in bleach after they're butchered?
Old 01-02-2010, 04:28 AM   #48
Demented

"With the U.S.D.A.’s stamp of approval, the company’s processed beef has become a mainstay in America’s hamburgers. McDonald’s, Burger King and other fast-food giants use it as a component in ground beef, as do grocery chains. The federal school lunch program used an estimated 5.5 million pounds of the processed beef last year alone"

It's not just McDonalds.

Stopped eating fast food (with rare exception) in the late '90's and have ground beef and pork at home for nearly as long. The wife has bought ground beef at the market from time to time. After reading this that will not happen again.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:41 AM   #49
Demented

Quote:
What does being a bubblehead have to do with calling your ship a boat? I was on the Shitty-Kitty (CV-63) out of NAS Coronado, we all referred to her as a boat.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #50
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Nope. I worked on the flight deck of the USS Tarawa (LHA-1) out of 32nd Street. We all called her a boat.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #51
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
What does being a bubblehead have to do with calling your ship a boat? I was on the Shitty-Kitty (CV-63) out of NAS Coronado, we all referred to her as a boat.
It's just that I've never heard a skimmer call their ship a boat. Subs have always been called boats.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #52
raisin
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
raisin has disabled reputation

Great work here fella's, we've got the government and industrial food magnate's feeding us the infected meat scraps that they shovel off the floor with the crap, piss, and puss and you find it a great time to discuss beer and boats!

How about trying to think of something better and greater than your own wallet and mouth once and awhile, and earn your position at the top of the food chain - before you become part of it...
raisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #53
looking for know
Dr. Mike

First Name: Mike
Trading: (10)
Army (Served With Honor)
looking for know is on a distinguished road

Bring on Soylent Green.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #54
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Ammonia treated ground up meat scraps would have been preferable to the crap turned out by the "cooks" on some of the ships I've been on...
Old 01-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #55
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
If there is anything better than a McRib sandwich, can someone please point it out to me?
Tony Roma makes a pretty good version of that, too. Available frozen in 8 count boxes.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #56
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Ammonia treated ground up meat scraps would have been preferable to the crap turned out by the "cooks" on some of the ships I've been on...
That's the great part of being on a sub; I heard a guy in the chow line actually say: "What, steak and shrimp, again!?"
Old 01-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #57
T.G
Grrrrrr

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
That's the great part of being on a sub; I heard a guy in the chow line actually say: "What, steak and shrimp, again!?"
Yeah, but you have to give up daylight, elbow room and fresh air for 30-90 days at a time for those kind of meals. Not knocking it, just not really an attractive trade off to me.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #58
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

Quote:
I heard some scary stories about the goings on onboard a sub. Made me glad I was on a Gator Freighter.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #59
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Yeah, but you have to give up daylight, elbow room and fresh air for 30-90 days at a time for those kind of meals. Not knocking it, just not really an attractive trade off to me.
Fair enough! The way I figured it, though, if Ivan can't find you, Ivan can't shoot you. You guys probably got Liberty ports too, I'll bet. What was that like? For us it was 72 days at a time submerged, no Libs, no daylight, no women. Patrol was drag, but I'm glad I did it.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #60
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montano View Post
I heard some scary stories about the goings on onboard a sub. Made me glad I was on a Gator Freighter.
Scary how?