Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough
Default Taboo Maduro LR Robusto

This may be one of the last days I get to sit on the patio and smoke a cigar before cold weather sets in, so I decided to take advantage of it with a Taboo Maduro LR. A robusto was on the top tray of the humi, so I grabbed it.

The cigar is well constructed, firm with no soft spots. The cap cut off cleanly, and the draw was perfect, just a little resistance. The wrapper showed some toothiness. I toasted the foot and puffed it to life. I was immediately greeted with a strong cocoa flavor.

There was a cocoa and nut flavor in the first third of the cigar. The ash held on tight. Copious smoke followed each draw on the cigar. I took it slow so the cigar wouldn't heat up too much. The burn is razor sharp, and remains so throughout the cigar. The flavor was very good.

The second third of the cigar was more coffee like, with some spice. Everything about this cigar is nice.

The final third is definitely a bit more spicy and nutty. It get a little hot so I purge it and let it cool down. The final inch or so is really terrific, with the cocoa returning. It all really comes together.

This was a very nice cigar, my favorite so far of the Taboo LR line. I'll be buying more for certain.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Taboo Maduro LR Robusto

Thanks for an excellent review BD. I smoked a Taboo Dominican Maduro Corona today that was very enjoyable with the same "draw" you described for the LR. It does make for an enjoyable smoke doesn't it?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
CigarDood
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (9)
CigarDood is on a distinguished road

I got one of these in a Taboo sampler, and I really enjoyed it, so I bought a bunch more. They are great sticks.
CigarDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
FriskyDingo
hoosierherfers.com

First Name: Evan
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
FriskyDingo is on a distinguished road

That cigar was my introduction to Taboo and it couldn't have been better! Very nice cigar indeed! Looking forward to picking up some Twists!

-= http://www.hoosierherfers.com =-
FriskyDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
perikles
Enjoying an Islay

Trading: (0)
perikles is on a distinguished road

Nice review. I agree with the flavors - I even get the taste of gingerbread which is a little strange from a cigar. Taboo has been upping the ante recently.
perikles is offline   Reply With Quote