Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold
Default Any fans of vinyl here?

I am a vinyl fanatic and was just wondering if anyone else here had the same obsession. I love the sounds on vinyl. The hisses and the pops and all the imperfections. Nothing like throwing some classic Stones or Springsteen on the turntable and smoking a good cigar! I use a Stanton t92 and it kicks serious ass.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
lovenhim
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
lovenhim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any fans of vinyl here?

I too like the sound of vinyl. I have never owned a proper playback system because of the cost. I do however enjoy entry level/budget "high end" audio. Right now where I am living I have a Tivoli Audio model two with matching model subwoofer. It is a fantastic little system.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

I love vinyl. Only listen when I can at friends houses, stores, etc. I'm not setup yet and all the vinyl I have, has been ruined.

In the coming year or two I plan on making the proper purchases and building a solid collection. Perhaps I can consult some of you for equipment recommendations when the time comes?
Old 08-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
smokin5
Have My Own Room

Trading: (69)
Bolivar
smokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nice

Oh yeah, I still have about 800 records from my youth
that I play. And hundreds of reel-to-reels recorded
from other albums, preserving all the pops & hisses
for posterity. Not to mention my cassettes.

If you have analog tape capabilities, I could make some
cassettes or reels for you. Give me a holler.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
mariogolbee

I love vinyl!

I also love records.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #6
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

I like the sound of vinyl on records originally made in analog; they sound warmer, more rustic and well, simply the way they ought to sound on vinyl. The nice thing is, a lot of classical, jazz and more obscure pop albums were never remastered and put out on CD or MP3, so there is some stuff that you simply just can't get unless you get it on vinyl. I don't really understand the people who go out and buy new, digitally recorded music that's made on vinyl though, that's just silly to me but hey, maybe they're a DJ and want to use it for sampling and turntable-ism. Thank God for Hip Hop, or else vinyl would have been dead long ago! I went into target the other day and couldn't believe that they were selling record players again. All that said, for new recordings, I can't say it gets any better than SACD or DVD Audio, I just wish I had the coin to invest in that shiz

Last edited by akumushi; 08-15-2010 at 12:08 AM.
akumushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:49 AM   #7
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
I love vinyl. Only listen when I can at friends houses, stores, etc. I'm not setup yet and all the vinyl I have, has been ruined.

In the coming year or two I plan on making the proper purchases and building a solid collection. Perhaps I can consult some of you for equipment recommendations when the time comes?

Sure thing Chingas! Anything to help a man enjoy his music!