Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 06-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #41
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Game Of Thrones Series 3

Wow! That was awesome, sad and unexpected.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #42
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

I had some suspicions that at least the wife would be killed, but wow! My girlfriend has read several of books so she knew what was going to happen. That was some scene.

Just loving this show!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #43
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
I had some suspicions that at least the wife would be killed, but wow! My girlfriend has read several of books so she knew what was going to happen. That was some scene.

Just loving this show!
There's a couple of us at work who watch the show and another who's read the books. He's been waiting for this episode to see our reaction. Needless to say we were floored. I have to give Martin credit for not sticking to the regular convention that good always prevails.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #44
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

I have to admit, I wasn't sad at all that Rob Starks wife died, that he died, and that his Mom died. Nothing. Not even the part where he was crawling to her. Literally no reaction. The direwolf dying made me sadder

Great show though.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #45
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about

All hail Kalesie!!!! (or however you spell it)
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #46
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
I have to admit, I wasn't sad at all that Rob Starks wife died, that he died, and that his Mom died. Nothing. Not even the part where he was crawling to her. Literally no reaction. The direwolf dying made me sadder

Great show though.
Ha, I thought the same thing. Never liked his storyline. It's all about Daenarys.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #47
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratters View Post
Ha, I thought the same thing. Never liked his storyline. It's all about Daenarys.
\

Same here.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #48
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

SP CoastGuard (Active)

Old 06-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #49
bstarrs
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Braeden
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
bstarrs is on a distinguished road

Having read the books a little past where the tv show is currently I knew the internet would implode after last weeks episode. My dad went off the handle when he watched it. I'm curious to see what they include the the season finale.
bstarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #50
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I am always 2 weeks behind, since I put two episodes on a DVD then burn it and watch it that night.
But spoilers don't bother me, so I knew this was coming from you guys here. And like most people,
it didn't matter to me much anyway. I think someone said it best in the season 2 thread, there are
no good or bad people in this show, it is not set up to be 'the Starks versus the world', or 'the Starks
are the good people and everyone else is trying to take away their kingdom'. It's just a show, a story,
it is what it is and nothing more. NOW, that said, I am not thrilled knowing that the Lannisters
basically come out of this in control of everything, and yes, we know that queen sexy tit5 is a-comin'.
But that episode, combined with the yawner of a season finale, well, it just made me less likely to watch
next season. We'll see. I think it is a sure thing that Peter Dinklage is OUT, so any hopes that the dwarf
king will stab his nephew in the head and make it all right is kind of out the window. Surprised he was not killed
in the finale, considering the solid rumor that he is moving on to other dwarf projects. But we know Tywin's
actor has cancer and is likely gonna be gone, Tyrian is gone, so what the hell? I guess it could be worse
than 'Queen Sexy Tit5 has a peaceful reign filled with long bubble baths and thin dresses in high winds'.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #51
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

So why do the cast and crew get so much time off between seasons. We get a week or two vacation and then back to work. They should work year-around like the rest of us. That way we don't have to wait so damn long for the next show...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #52
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

Joffrey Baratheon is my favorite character. What prick that kid is, so well acted.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #53
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

SP CoastGuard (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
So why do the cast and crew get so much time off between seasons. We get a week or two vacation and then back to work. They should work year-around like the rest of us. That way we don't have to wait so damn long for the next show...

We want season 4 damnit!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Joffrey Baratheon is my favorite character. What prick that kid is, so well acted.
That kid is a great actor. A lot of the people in this series are.

I really thought Jon Snow was going to die last episode.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #54
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I think it is a sure thing that Peter Dinklage is OUT, so any hopes that the dwarf
king will stab his nephew in the head and make it all right is kind of out the window.
The only thing that makes me question this Brad, is in the last episode, the conversation between Shea and Varis when he tries to give her the diamonds to leave Kings Landing. Is it foreshadowing bigger things to come for Tyrian? It would appear that way, but then this show doesn't follow convention, so you may be right and he's killed off too.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #55
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

Punch

I thought Joffrey is poisoned in the books, but since it does not follow it 100%, who knows?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #56
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

SP CoastGuard (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
The only thing that makes me question this Brad, is in the last episode, the conversation between Shea and Varis when he tries to give her the diamonds to leave Kings Landing. Is it foreshadowing bigger things to come for Tyrian? It would appear that way, but then this show doesn't follow convention, so you may be right and he's killed off too.
I know Peter Dinklage isn't staying on with the show, so I'm assuming they'll kill him off at some point. I got the same vibe from that conversation as well. Seemed like ominous foreshadowing.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #57
Islayphile
Wee Dram Hunter

First Name: Mike
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Islayphile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
I know Peter Dinklage isn't staying on with the show, so I'm assuming they'll kill him off at some point. I got the same vibe from that conversation as well. Seemed like ominous foreshadowing.
Where have you folks heard this other than the April Fools story?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #58
rennD
NinfaManiac

First Name: Carl
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
rennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura aboutrennD has a spectacular aura about

The books?
Old 06-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #59
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Is it foreshadowing bigger things to come for Tyrian? It would appear that way, but ....
First let me say that I don't have a finger on the entertainment beat, and what I said there is passed around info
I THINK from this thread. The story certainly doesn't seem to indicate an exit for Dinklage, but like you said,
Red Wedding showed us we don't know crap about story writing. I think you are right on another note, based on
Robb's woman getting it not only first, but gruesomely and violently, you might well be able to play that out a
few moves forward and add some foreshadowing and say that she could be plausibly be the next to go,
(perhaps right beside Tyrian) if she doesn't get the hell out. Now as to a April Fool's joke, if that actually happened,
not only did I miss it in that context, but the power of April Fools has stretched to June, since I am passing that
around even today.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #60
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

SP CoastGuard (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islayphile View Post
Where have you folks heard this other than the April Fools story?
I started watching the show this past May, so I missed the April fools. I tried searching for it on Google, but only found articles on 4/1. Maybe I was late to the joke

I'm ok with that if it keeps him