Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-06-2020, 05:24 PM   #21
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cigar Federation

I’m not sure about the whipped cream as those aren’t usually in my go to basket but I really enjoy the Hendrix. Matter of fact, I bought 10 more I like them so much hah.

That being said, I can’t really tell you what flavors are present just that I liked them so I guess that is a word of warning somewhat?

I will definitely be interested in your thoughts.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #22
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I agree that the schtick is reminiscent of Lew’s old line of BS. I used to enjoy reading his catalogs! But, if you read Lew’s copy for a while, you could tell what he thought was really good and what was just being sold. I haven’t been able to pick that up with Cigarfed. Maybe I’ve gotten denser in my old age?
I miss Lews His critique of cigars following the boom was valid and I respected him quite a bit. But new age.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:35 PM   #23
Snook
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Leo
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
Snook is on a distinguished road

I have a few things coming from cigarfed as well. It will be nice to compare our thoughts and see if these sticks are just hype or not.
Snook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:36 PM   #24
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I just got 10 whipped cream in the mail yesterday. Had some issues with packaging that caused a few of the wrappers to crack/flake off. Sent them an email and pics. They’re sending me out a 5er to make up for it. for customer service.

I’ve smoked two of them so far. Really like them except for the last 1.5”. Flavor turns harsh to me, but that could be me smoking them fast. I’d buy them again.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:52 PM   #25
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Thanks for the information! Sounds like they are a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
I just got 10 whipped cream in the mail yesterday. Had some issues with packaging that caused a few of the wrappers to crack/flake off. Sent them an email and pics. They’re sending me out a 5er to make up for it. for customer service.

I’ve smoked two of them so far. Really like them except for the last 1.5”. Flavor turns harsh to me, but that could be me smoking them fast. I’d buy them again.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:04 PM   #26
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I agree that the schtick is reminiscent of Lew’s old line of BS. I used to enjoy reading his catalogs! But, if you read Lew’s copy for a while, you could tell what he thought was really good and what was just being sold. I haven’t been able to pick that up with Cigarfed. Maybe I’ve gotten denser in my old age?
You are absolutely correct in regard to Lew. Met the man once, back in 1989-90 school year. What a unique individual.

I also haven't been able to pick up where the schtick ends and the seriousness begins on CF.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:17 AM   #27
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

OK, I was emailed about a new cigar at Cigar Federation. I could not help but chuckle at the blatant hype... "if you do not buy these now, you WILL miss out" type hard sell.
Having said that, I love me a Lancero, and if I had the disposable income available, I might just try these. But...

Anyway, for your reading enjoyment.

Oh yes, my friend. Today is a GREAT DAY to be a cigar smoker!

Southern Draw has created some of the most popular cigars in the world! Their Jacob’s Ladder, Rose of Sharon, Cedrus, Kudzu Lustrum, and IGNITE releases have been some of the most sought after boutique cigars ever!

But...I think they’ve outdone themselves with the brand new SOUTHERN DRAW ROSES N’ GUNS!

Mark my words...SOUTHERN DRAW ROSES N’ GUNS will go down in cigar history as one of the greatest boutique cigars ever produced!

Southern Draw owners, Robert and Sharon Holt, blended up one of the most phenomenal blends they’ve ever done! In fact, when we smoked these samples with the CigFed staff...there was a 100% consensus that ROSES N’ GUNS was hands-down the best Southern Draw blend yet!

(You think I’m kidding...just wait ‘til you smoke it!)

We couldn’t get the tobacco info outta them. But...I do know that this stuff has been aging for years and years! You can literally taste the extra-vintage tobacco goodness!

SOUTHERN DRAW ROSES N’ GUNS is a 7.5x38 lancero. Full-bodied, med/full strength.

Flavors are absolutely phenomenal! The cigar opens with notes of dark chocolate, creamy espresso, heavy cream, black pepper, and cinnamon. Caramel notes slowly begin to emerge after an inch or so, complimented by coffee bean, candied almonds, hot chocolate, and vanilla bean. Last third, expect flavors of bourbon whiskey, custard, nutmeg, leather, and brown sugar.

SOUTHERN DRAW ROSES N’ GUNS should be on Top 10 Cigar Lists this year! (Probably—IOO—get #1 Cigar of the Year!) It’s just that damn good!

NOTE: TOTAL PRODUCTION FOR ROSES N’ GUNS is only 1800 cigars! So you’re gonna need to hurry like your life depended on it to get ROSES N’ GUNS!

Take my advice...get as many SOUTHERN DRAW ROSES N’ GUNS as you can as fast as you can!

Get Yours NOW!
Old 05-27-2020, 11:42 AM   #28
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough

Haha yes I saw that today too...I'm a pretty big fan of Southern Draw, but if it is an exclusive, I suspect they'll get more in the future as well, so I think I'll wait until I see a review first.
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #29
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Probably broke their exclamation point key typing that out.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:42 PM   #30
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Must’ve caught a roller on a bad day. Last two Mexican Hot Chocolate’s I’ve tried smoking have tunneled real bad. Cut an inch of unburnt wrapper/binder off the end only to find the filler burning. Not good.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:49 PM   #31
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

That sucks, Bob.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 11:26 AM   #32
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

I will say that I have had some excellent cigars from Cigar Federation. I really love the Whipped Cream that I purchased, whether it was that batch or they are all like that I cannot say. HendriX was a good smoke, and the Christmas hot cocoa (or whatever it was called is very good too).

But, it is the entertainment value of their products that truly got my attention this time... an entertaining read, with my notes in RED.

NEW 2021 LIMITED EDITION BLEND!* Of course it is, the better to get you to order immediately

"I got a fever and the only prescription is More Cowbell!"

It’s been almost 4 years since More Cowbell was released! (And subsequently sold out a day or so later!)

MORE COWBELL 2021 Ltd. is one of the creamiest and delicious blends you will ever light up! The tobaccos are extremely aged and extremely smooth!

But this is an EXTREMELY LIMITED small-batch production! So if you want to get in on this goodness...you’re gonna need to hurry!

MORE COWBELL 2021 Ltd. is a full-bodied, medium-strength 6.5x54 super toro. The wrapper is a silky Corojo 99 rosado leaf. Binder and fillers are from Esteli, Condega, and Jalapa.

Oh, and ALL of the tobaccos used are over 10-years-old! of course they are...just like that Cuban tobacco in those cigars Lew sold, was from pre-embargo days...just waiting to be found and rolled!

Holy Cow! (Pun intended!)

Flavors are rich and satisfying. Bold notes of milk chocolate, vanilla bean, creamed coffee, black pepper, aged leather, raw cane sugar, graham crackers, cinnamon stick, butter, macadamia nuts, and caramel! OK, if this is indeed true, these sound tasty.

MORE COWBELL 2021 Ltd. is a 92+ Rated cigar any way you look at it. One of these days a Factory Direct Boutique will grace the Top Cigars of the Year Lists. MORE COWBELL 2021 Ltd. might just be the first one! Ya, it's that good!

We know you're gonna absolutely love it! In fact, once you smoke it, you'll be wanting More Cowbell for sure!

GET YOURS NOW!

Total Production: 290
And this last is the final push. It is really one last push to get you to order immediately, for it you do not, they will be gone.

So, did I order mine? No! Would love to, but my cigar budget is now "CLOSED" for the season.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:02 PM   #33
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Flavors are milk chocolate, vanilla bean, creamed coffee, black pepper, aged leather, raw cane sugar, graham crackers, cinnamon stick, butter, macadamia nuts, and caramel!

Thank you for their "entertainment". Todd!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:33 PM   #34
heavyd
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (22)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
heavyd has disabled reputation

I buy cigars from Cig Fed but I am cautious. The Color Project cigars are almost always good. They are made by James Brown & Co. at Black Works. The "Ligero By Morning" was supreme. The others have been good to great. They are $10 each, and that puts them in the moderate value category for me. So many great cigars below that price point.

I used to get dismayed by their outlandish marketing, but I now realize that it's tounge-in-cheek stuff. They probably have interns writing those descriptions, competing for creativity kudos from Ezra....

"You can't get to wonderful without passing through alright." ~Bill Withers

Last edited by heavyd; 06-04-2021 at 02:45 PM.
heavyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #35
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

I was thinking of trying their stuff at one point, then I realized that their hype type reminded me of Thompson. Learned that lesson the first time.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:16 PM   #36
Brlesq
Carpe cigar!

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (17)
Montecristo
Brlesq will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
I was thinking of trying their stuff at one point, then I realized that their hype type reminded me of Thompson. Learned that lesson the first time.
^^ This. Remember in the late 90s, after you ordered from Thompsons, and then you would get spammed with magazine and life insurance sales pitches?
Old 06-06-2021, 09:25 AM   #37
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brlesq View Post
^^ This. Remember in the late 90s, after you ordered from Thompsons, and then you would get spammed with magazine and life insurance sales pitches?
I have no reason to believe that they sell marketing info. But, your email does expand with additional ads for their other products (whiskey, coffee...).
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:21 AM   #38
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

The FDB releases just keep getting better and more legendary! Seriously, where else can you get phenomenal boutique blends for this price? (And...they’re made by some of the top boutique makers and factories in the business.)
JACK & COKE has a crazy backstory...but I’m not allowed to tell you about it. Suffice it to say that things can get a little crazy sometimes while blending in Nicaragua.
JACK & COKE is an intoxicating blend of some of the rarest and most delicious tobaccos we’ve ever featured in the FDB lineup!
Sweet and peppery. Creamy and smooth. It’s loaded with colossal flavors and complexity!
JACK & COKE is arguably the BEST FDB release we’ve ever done!
JACK & COKE is a full-bodied, medium-strength 6.5x56 Super Toro. Wrapper leaf is a silky Corojo 99 claro leaf. Binder and filler tobaccos are secret!
First third opens with flavors of raw cane sugar, whiskey, vanilla, heavy cream, cocoa, and cedar wood.
The second third brings notes of aged caramel, leather, hazelnuts, graham crackers, black pepper, and cinnamon.
Last third is loaded with flavors of sweet iced tea, red pepper, heavy cream, whiskey barrel and toasted almonds.

JACK & COKE is insanely delicious! Believe me, you’re gonna love it!
NOTE: This is a VERY SMALL-BATCH Production! ONLY 470 JACK & COKE were able to be made!
Get Yours NOW!
Total Production: 470

I've never bought anything from whoever these people are. There's always an update with only nine bundles left. This is Thompsons 2.0
Old 07-26-2021, 11:39 AM   #39
heavyd
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (22)
RA MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
heavyd has disabled reputation

I bought a box of the Rojas/OSOK coronas from Cig Fed a while back. Excellent cigar. I didn't read the description before I bought it though. Marketing never sways me one way or the other.

"You can't get to wonderful without passing through alright." ~Bill Withers
heavyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:53 AM   #40
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyd View Post
I bought a box of the Rojas/OSOK coronas from Cig Fed a while back. Excellent cigar. I didn't read the description before I bought it though. Marketing never sways me one way or the other.
The last Don Candido I smoked wasn't as complex as this jack and Coke is apparently.