Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 04-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #21
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Albany Firebirds offer Michael Vick a contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugill View Post
I'll stick with the NFL website statistics, that page is busy and hard to follow. The 55 fumbles is total (dropback and rushing) and he only lost 27 of them. I am sure there is a number of other players who have fumbled far more than 27 times in 6 seasons.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #22
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
I'll stick with the NFL website statistics, that page is busy and hard to follow. The 55 fumbles is total (dropback and rushing) and he only lost 27 of them. I am sure there is a number of other players who have fumbled far more than 27 times in 6 seasons.
I'm sure there are plenty of QBs but name one other with the character issues that an NFL team would take a chance on let alone invest money into.
blugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #23
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm sure there are plenty of QBs but name one other with the character issues that an NFL team would take a chance on let alone invest money into.
He was a lottery pick with more athletic ability than some of the running backs in the NFL. Unless he can't pick up a football, he will get a chance to prove himself again. For $700K there are a lot of teams who would be willing to replace a back-up QB on their roster who probably makes significantly more with far less mobility, agility and speed. He is going to have all kinds of clauses in his contract that will allow teams to release him for crossing the street in the wrong direction. Already the interest in him has been started and a number of teams will be waiting for his reinstatement to work him out.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #24
blugill
Feeling at Home

blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

It'll be interesting to see what happens for sure.
I see him more of going the way of Barry Bonds though. No one wants that circus in town.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #25
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see what happens for sure.
I see him more of going the way of Barry Bonds though. No one wants that circus in town.
Barry Bonds is more of a pariah because he cheated on the game (alledgedly) and he is 57 years old and good for one thing: hitting. Michael Vick is still under 30 and can still contribute to a team. Negative publicity will follow but a few touchdowns will take care of most of that with fans (probably not with PETA).
Old 04-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #26
blugill
Feeling at Home

I'm smelling a wager...
Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #27
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:
Barry Bonds is more of a pariah because he cheated on the game (alledgedly) and he is 57 years old and good for one thing: hitting. Michael Vick is still under 30 and can still contribute to a team. Negative publicity will follow but a few touchdowns will take care of most of that with fans (probably not with PETA).
Negative publicity is still good publicity and it is free publicity.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:01 PM   #28
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
I'm smelling a wager...
If he is reinstated I will bet a 5'er that he gets atleast one workout for an NFL team
Old 04-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #29
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Quote:
If he is reinstated I will bet a 5'er that he gets atleast one workout for an NFL team
I think the wager should be if he gets signed by an NFL team. A workout is free and is non-commital by the team.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:03 PM   #30
blugill
Feeling at Home

How about if he takes one NFL regular season snap?
I'll bet a fiver on that!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #31
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
I think the wager should be if he gets signed by an NFL team. A workout is free and is non-commital by the team.
If he comes out of jail at 300 lbs then there is no chance. He will get a shot, but he has to be in physical condition to do so.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #32
blugill
Feeling at Home

He isn't 300 lbs.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #33
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
How about if he takes one NFL regular season snap?
I'll bet a fiver on that!
He has to be reinstated, without that the whole argument becomes moot. Goddell has set a pretty huge example with other players and may not even give Vick his second chance.

A 5'er if he makes a team contingent on being reinstated.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #34
blugill
Feeling at Home

Alright. If he is reinstated this season and takes a regular season NFL snap I'll give you a fiver!
This'll be fun!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #35
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Alright. If he is reinstated this season and takes a regular season NFL snap I'll give you a fiver!
This'll be fun!
Just makes a team, or has to play in a game? Because a lot of #2 QB's and almost every #3 don't play a snap in a regular season game.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #36
shvictor
Instigator

First Name: Steve
Trading: (40)
Partagas
shvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the rough

He will get another shot in the NFL for one simple reason: The Wildcat offense. He would be perfectly suited to run that.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #37
blugill
Feeling at Home

If he is a great QB he should be able to handle taking one snap.
My argument was that he was average at best to start with, without his scrambling legs he would have been cut a long time ago.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #38
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

I think it would be fitting if the Browns signed him.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #39
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
If he is a great QB he should be able to handle taking one snap.
My argument was that he was average at best to start with, without his scrambling legs he would have been cut a long time ago.
Never claimed he was great, just saying he will get a chance to get back into the NFL as long as he is still in football shape. But if he has to take a snap, OK. If he doesn't play atleast one more snap in the NFL, assuming he is reinstated, I will send you a 5'er.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #40
blugill
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Never claimed he was great, just saying he will get a chance to get back into the NFL as long as he is still in football shape. But if he has to take a snap, OK. If he doesn't play atleast one more snap in the NFL, assuming he is reinstated, I will send you a 5'er.
Deal