Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Prefy
Connoisseur of Pucks

First Name: Matt
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Prefy will become famous soon enough
Default Cigar with my Grandpa

Well this thread has been a long time in the making. So here is the story:

Back sometime in November 08 I was in chat telling Mike(Shaggy) about how I was talking to my grandpa about cigars and that he expressed some interest in smoking one with me(He never had smoked a cigar and hadn't smoked cigarettes coming on 30 years) and how I was surprised by his interest. Mike in turn asked the question: What would you smoke with him? From what I recall, I answered I have no idea. Mike then asked me what year I was born and took of from chat.

A week or two later I get a PM from Mike asking me when I leave to go home for xmas. I give him some ballpark dates and hear nothing of the subject for another couple weeks.

Mike then informs me that he had hoped to have two cigars shipped to me in time for me to take them back to Winnipeg and smoke them over the Xmas holidays but that their had been some delays and that they would not make it to St. Catharines until after I was back home.

Now I knew Mike was up to no good but little did I know exactly how bad it was going to be. The package arrived in St. Catherines while I was back in Winnipeg(I had my landlord fire them into my humidor when I was gone) so I was excited and a little worried to see what had arrived.

When I got back to St Catharines I went into my room and saw the empty box on my dresser with a return address of none other then Dave(Da Klugs). Now I am really worried! I open the humidor and what do I find 2 1986 Montecristo Especial's looking back at me

I really was quite floored at the whole situation. I still find it hard to believe it that these two people would go out of their way to do something like this for me. I thanked them both immensely and vowed to make a thread chronically the smoking of the cigars.

The only thing that I now had to do now was resist smoking them until I was back home from school for the summer. Well it turned out these cigars sat in the humidor for 9 months before they were enjoyed

Here are the pics:

The Setup- 2 1986 Montecristo Especial's and some Glenlivet 15yr Single Malt

Pre-Light

Cheers

Last edited by Prefy; 09-22-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Prefy is offline   Reply With Quote