Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Tat Pork Tenderloin (Thanks Dunkel)

Tat Pork Tenderloin (5.125X52)

I received this as part fulfillment of my MAW from Dunkel. Thanks bud, a great smoke - why don't you read on.

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics: Finished with a pigtail cap, this is a “fun” cigar that sports a dark, chocolate, oily wrapper that is highlighted by the veins which are much lighter in color. It is actually makes for a handsome appearance.

Score for aesthetics: 4.6

2) Pre-light Construction: This is a cigar that wants to be held. It is firm and dense, begging the question of whether or not it will draw. It has slight cocoa and spice smell to it, and when snipped, draws surprisingly easy. As I taste it unlit, I’m thinking this might have some shoulders to the smoke

Score for Pre-light construction: 4.8

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: While suggesting that it needs some slight touch-ups (I write that off to the fact that I was outside on a breezy day), it self-corrects and draws easy, holding a very firm ash for quite a time. This is a sturdy stick.

Score for post-light construction: 4.9

4) Flavor and strength: This one comes out of the gate swinging with strength and spice, but it isn’t overwhelming. I like the cocoa flavors that are highlighted by coffee and white pepper. As it progresses, the coffee notes are more espresso-ish, and hints of leather appear, and the cocoa turns to bittersweet chocolate (in the best sense of that term) in this especially complex stick.

Score for flavor and strength: 4.7

5) Finish/Aftertaste: This stick is not subtle in the finish, as cocoa and spice linger on the palate. I was enjoying a cream soda with this, and they highlighted one another very nicely.

Score for aftertaste: 4.8

6) Aroma: This was a bit unusual, well, sort of. It was a great smell, but not what I had expected from the flavors I was getting. The aroma was slightly sweet with a hint of fruit, and the bittersweet chocolate, and cigar - yes, cigar.

Score for aroma: 4.5

7) General Comments: I was only able to have one of these (Thanks, Dunkel!!!), so I cannot tell how consistent they are. I did really think that the cream soda complimented the cigar tremendously. It was a great smoke while ice fishing. I could see myself buying a 5er if they were available, but I’m not going to hold my breath waiting for it.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Tat Pork Tenderloin (Thanks Dunkel)

great review. where these an LE stick?
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

yes.

Nice review, Rev. I really enjoyed these, thought the flavors were just fantastic but these were a bit too strong for me.
Adriftpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Yum... this and cream soda sounds awesome!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

One Of My Fav. Tats! Nice Review, Todd!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
smokinpeace
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Brennan
Trading: (6)
smokinpeace is on a distinguished road

Great review. This is a top 5 stick for me. It is a flavor bomb. If you see one for sale somewhere, buy it. You will not regret it.
smokinpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I'll agree with Huy they are definitely a bit strong. I smoked one indoors with a sprite and I found it easier. Toss up between the pork tenderloin and the T110 for the best Tatuaje I've had. I did like the Frank but the gouging on those completely turns me off of wanting to attempt to acquire more. Kinda the same with the PT and T110, shame as they are good cigars.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Great review Todd. I enjoyed the few I had.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #9
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

I'd purchase a couple more if I found them.

Yes, the cream soda was a great compliment. I also think that Land O' Lakes Arctic White hot chocolate would also go very well with this stick.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #10
Sin
Huskin Corn & smkin cgars

First Name: Pete
Trading: (0)
Sin is on a distinguished road

Nice review, thanks for sharing.
Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
DoctaJ
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (5)
DoctaJ is on a distinguished road

Excellent descriptions! Thanks for the review
DoctaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #12
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

Nice review. I happened to have a buddy trade one of these to me and I just got it. Looking forward to torturing with a severe burning.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #13
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

I only got my hands on 7 of these, and sent the good Rev 1 for his MAW. I am very glad that he enjoyed it as much as I have. I also gave one to my best friend when he visited before Christmas. He loved it as well. I have 2 left, 1 for opening day at my riverlot and most likely 1 for the last day on the riverlot. I really loves 'em!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #14
STEVE S
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (1)
STEVE S is on a distinguished road

Very nice review, thanks for sharing.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #15
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the great review Todd!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #16
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I only got my hands on 7 of these, and sent the good Rev 1 for his MAW. I am very glad that he enjoyed it as much as I have. I also gave one to my best friend when he visited before Christmas. He loved it as well. I have 2 left, 1 for opening day at my riverlot and most likely 1 for the last day on the riverlot. I really loves 'em!
Thanks for sharing, Doug. It was really enjoyable.

Peace of the Lord be with you.