Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
nexprofit

Default New Viaje Skull & Bones coming out

I've tried the skull and bones MOAB only, which is still availble at my local shop. But i was told that there are 2 new ones coming out soon to add to the 4 that have already come and gone.
These two are called Little Boy and Fat Man. I hope to get my hands on some of each. If anyone tries them or has any input on these cigars, let me know.
thanks,
Here's a link.
http://www.stogiereview.com/2011/07/...-day-2-digest/
Old 07-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Viaje Skull & Bones coming out

I think they are different sizes of the red which is MOAB and WMD. I am actually wanting the box of Harvest Blend. I will pick up a few of this and maybe a box but the Harvest Blend will be a box buy for sure.

Chris, what are the good cigar shops in Wichita?
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Sherlockholms

hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info Chris.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
nexprofit

Cool Re: New Viaje Skull & Bones coming out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
I think they are different sizes of the red which is MOAB and WMD. I am actually wanting the box of Harvest Blend. I will pick up a few of this and maybe a box but the Harvest Blend will be a box buy for sure.

Chris, what are the good cigar shops in Wichita?
One i go to i Auburn Spirits. they have a small walk in that doesnt have much but what it does have is at a great price.
2nd is the Humidor. which this place has a lot of hard to find cigars but they are a lil more pricey.
i bought a camacho triple maduro from one for $10 and $14 at the other.

Im going to be in KC in 2 weeks! i have the Kansasrocks festival 2 day passes. Im a huge fan of the black keys and primus. Do you have any recommendations for shops i should visit that weekend?
Old 07-22-2011, 01:40 AM   #5
Angry_Pirate
Traveler

First Name: J.T.
Trading: (40)
Cohiba
Angry_Pirate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexprofit View Post
I've tried the skull and bones MOAB only, which is still availble at my local shop. But i was told that there are 2 new ones coming out soon to add to the 4 that have already come and gone.
These two are called Little Boy and Fat Man. I hope to get my hands on some of each. If anyone tries them or has any input on these cigars, let me know.
thanks,
Here's a link.
http://www.stogiereview.com/2011/07/...-day-2-digest/
Does your local shop do mail order on the skull and bones and MOAB? I have been looking for these everywhere and have no luck finding them. We don't have a Viaje dealer in Indiana unfortunately. Any help would be great! Thanks!!
Angry_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #6
nexprofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate View Post
Does your local shop do mail order on the skull and bones and MOAB? I have been looking for these everywhere and have no luck finding them. We don't have a Viaje dealer in Indiana unfortunately. Any help would be great! Thanks!!
Here is their site
http://www.smokesomethingbig.com/

im not sure if they do mail orders or not. but if they dont im sure we can work something out in a trade.
if you have any hard to find limited cigars at your shop let me know.

i see you dont have any trades yet. im working on my first one now. check out this thread. you might be able to get a noob trade
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46087
Old 07-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #7
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Here is their site
http://www.smokesomethingbig.com/

im not sure if they do mail orders or not. but if they dont im sure we can work something out in a trade.
if you have any hard to find limited cigars at your shop let me know.

i see you dont have any trades yet. im working on my first one now. check out this thread. you might be able to get a noob trade
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46087
Looks like you gotta nice B&M there! Wish I did here.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #8
jsnake
Have My Own Room

Quote:
One i go to i Auburn Spirits. they have a small walk in that doesnt have much but what it does have is at a great price.
2nd is the Humidor. which this place has a lot of hard to find cigars but they are a lil more pricey.
i bought a camacho triple maduro from one for $10 and $14 at the other.

Im going to be in KC in 2 weeks! i have the Kansasrocks festival 2 day passes. Im a huge fan of the black keys and primus. Do you have any recommendations for shops i should visit that weekend?
Without a doubt Outlaw South in Overland Park, KS. Also Cigar & Tabac in Overland Park, KS which has a super friendly staff, and the best prices in town. Fidel's in Westport KC, MO. Diebel's Sportsman's Gallery in Overland Park or the Plaza in KC, MO has some hard to find things. Plenty to choose from. If you have some free time let me know. If I am in town we can try to meet up. Next year you need to come to KC Rockfest. We smoke cigars all day and have a blast.

For you guys looking for Viaje, I can usually get most things including C4, S&B MOAB, VOR, VPR, WLP 50/50 Red, and Holiday Blend right now. They are from $10 to $13 each plus taxes. I am open to you PMing me if you need help finding something. I have had tons of guys help me find HTF sticks and I wouldn't mind helping some brothers out. Just fyi for now and future releases.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
nexprofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
Looks like you gotta nice B&M there! Wish I did here.
ya its a nice place. but damn are they expensive.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Gonna have to skip this release.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #11
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
wow, the Viaje whore skipping a skull & bones release!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
nexprofit

Quote:
Why is that? did you hear anything bad about them?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
jsnake
Have My Own Room

Quote:
snap out of it man!
Old 07-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #14
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why is that? did you hear anything bad about them?
Not at all...but not a fan of the larger ring gauge sticks which I believe these will be. Little Boy and Fat Man...looks like another 60RG stick.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #15
jsnake
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Not at all...but not a fan of the larger ring gauge sticks which I believe these will be. Little Boy and Fat Man...looks like another 60RG stick.
I believe the pic I saw of Little Boy looked to be exactly the same size as the Zombies which aren't a large ring gauge.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #16
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Mac, My local is supposed to be getting these and I am far from excited about this round myself. I think Andre may be going to the S&B well too many times. Just my opinion and I'm sure many will disagree. I really hope he comes out with something new that's really good that won't be a short run. He is supposed to be re-introducing the Satori which was a good stick. Word is the new ones aren't so dark as the last so maybe I can smoke them and not end up with staining on my lips. Hopefully the wrappers on this round aren;t as thin either.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #17
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Mac, My local is supposed to be getting these and I am far from excited about this round myself. I think Andre may be going to the S&B well too many times. Just my opinion and I'm sure many will disagree. I really hope he comes out with something new that's really good that won't be a short run. He is supposed to be re-introducing the Satori which was a good stick. Word is the new ones aren't so dark as the last so maybe I can smoke them and not end up with staining on my lips. Hopefully the wrappers on this round aren;t as thin either.
John...I agree with him going to the "well" too many times with the S&B. Why didn't he do it with the first two releases? Which were A LOT better IMHO. The WMD and MOAB didn't really impress me that much.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #18
Winstonshumidor
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (1)
Winstonshumidor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnake View Post
I believe the pic I saw of Little Boy looked to be exactly the same size as the Zombies which aren't a large ring gauge.
I was gifted a sample of one of the sizes and you are correct. These are not large ring gauges. I will say that the Satori's look fantastic and the Late Harvest intriguing.
Winstonshumidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #19
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winstonshumidor View Post
I was gifted a sample of one of the sizes and you are correct. These are not large ring gauges. I will say that the Satori's look fantastic and the Late Harvest intriguing.
Thanks for the "tease" Kevin.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #20
Tyler

Quote:
Thanks for the "tease" Kevin.