Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 02-04-2020, 09:18 AM   #2001
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Picked up my first ever bottle of BT for $22 while grocery shopping. It is smooth and easy to drink, but it felt a little "lite" last night. Have a ruined myself with all the 120+ proof bottles?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:15 AM   #2002
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Found This Gem At The Airport Duty Free At Turks & Caicos This Weekend!. Never Tried It, Before, But I've Heard It's Awesome!!!

Last edited by longknocker; 02-08-2020 at 02:23 AM.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:46 AM   #2003
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Found This Gem At The Airport Duty Free At Turks & Caicos This Weekend!. Never Tried It, Before, But I've Heard It's Awesome!!!
Do share your thoughts and impressions. I've seen this in a shop by the house and been tempted but haven't pulled the trigger yet...
Old 02-10-2020, 08:12 AM   #2004
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Do share your thoughts and impressions. I've seen this in a shop by the house and been tempted but haven't pulled the trigger yet...
I will say it is a good bourbon oh, it is a unique bottle, and has a great name. That is all fine a d good, but if it tastes like crap, it is just a sow with lipstick.

Thankfully, (I ha to buy a bottle because of professional interest) it is a nice bourbon, is decently smooth with hints of caramel. It would be a bottle I'd buy again.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:03 AM   #2005
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Angels Envy is decent.

More important...where do you stay when you are in TCI? My girlfriend and I have a been a couple times. We stay at Seven Stars on Grace Bay Beach. TCI is absolutely amazing....
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:22 AM   #2006
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I haven't bought the Angels' Envy because I haven't liked many of the finished bourbons I have tried. Only one that sticks out in my mind as having enjoyed is A Midwinter Night's Dram by High West Distillery. That being said, if someone has it where I go, I'd try it with an open mind (and palate).

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-11-2020, 09:39 AM   #2007
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I haven't bought the Angels' Envy because I haven't liked many of the finished bourbons I have tried...
That's kind of where I'm at Tom. I like bourbon that has been distilled and bottled at the same "still". I guess it's a purist holdover from my family cooking stuff up in the hills back in the day.

But I do wonder...
Old 02-11-2020, 12:36 PM   #2008
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Angels Envy is decent.

More important...where do you stay when you are in TCI? My girlfriend and I have a been a couple times. We stay at Seven Stars on Grace Bay Beach. TCI is absolutely amazing....
We Stayed At The Palms Resort On Grace Bay. Awesome Vacation & Place To Stay!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:12 PM   #2009
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Stopped by 3 stores that were along my route today just to see what new stuff they had gotten in, which wasn't anything that interested me. Two of them got in some Weller SR and one some EHT Small Batch, but I am flush of both of those. One got in the Weller 12 Year 1.75 at $400 Neither who had the Stagg at $550+ had sold them...shocking.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:21 AM   #2010
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Never seen the Weller 12 handle before, if they could cut their price in 1/3 it would be a cool buy

I went to a couple stores yesterday as well killing time in a new part of town, saw a 1.75 of Woodford for $71 and a few bottles of Knob Creek 25th anni at $130. Not bad prices but passed on both, was hoping to find something a little more enticing
Old 02-12-2020, 05:48 PM   #2011
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Good luck Ben! If anything has the names Stagg or Pappy in them, grab me one too?

Old 02-13-2020, 08:40 AM   #2012
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
Good luck Ben! If anything has the names Stagg or Pappy in them, grab me one too?
Saw a bottle that said "Old Rip Van" something, but didn't say Pappy so I passed knowing it's not what you want. I'll keep keepin an eye out
Old 02-13-2020, 11:05 AM   #2013
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Saw a bottle that said "Old Rip Van" something, but didn't say Pappy so I passed knowing it's not what you want. I'll keep keepin an eye out
If I thought it was true I would likely be crying right now, Ben.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:26 AM   #2014
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Quote:
If I thought it was true I would likely be crying right now, Ben.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:22 PM   #2015
4WheelVFR
Wild'n since '87

First Name: Ray
Trading: (36)
Montecristo
4WheelVFR has a spectacular aura about4WheelVFR has a spectacular aura about

Just picked up another store/barrel pick of EC Small Batch. This one is called "The 9 minute late 9 year old" as opposed to the 10 yr store pick I got before. They let me sample them side by side in the store and the difference was crazy. I had to pick one up. The manager also let me know that they picked out a few more barrels for the store. Weller Full Proof, Buffalo Trace, and 1792 Reserve. I'll probably need all the above lol.
4WheelVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:33 AM   #2016
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR View Post
The manager also let me know that they picked out a few more barrels for the store. Weller Full Proof, Buffalo Trace, and 1792 Reserve. I'll probably need all the above lol.
If you get an extra of the Weller FP I'll happily send you cash and a couple good smokes for your effort
Old 02-14-2020, 06:51 AM   #2017
Black Coral
Have My Own Room

First Name: John
Trading: (11)
Cohiba
Black Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR View Post
Just picked up another store/barrel pick of EC Small Batch. This one is called "The 9 minute late 9 year old" as opposed to the 10 yr store pick I got before. They let me sample them side by side in the store and the difference was crazy. I had to pick one up. The manager also let me know that they picked out a few more barrels for the store. Weller Full Proof, Buffalo Trace, and 1792 Reserve. I'll probably need all the above lol.
I’m with Stearns if you can get your hands on Weller full proof and have and extra bottle keep me in mind. Cash and cigars for your time for sure. Here to hoping
Black Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:00 AM   #2018
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Ray, I will outbid Ben and John. But they are welcome if you find a 3rd and 4th.

Last night, second pour even better than the first.

Old 02-14-2020, 08:14 AM   #2019
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ray, I will outbid Ben and John. But they are welcome if you find a 3rd and 4th.

Last night, second pour even better than the first.

Yummy!....hoping a bottle or 3 of Stagg finds its way to TX!!
Old 02-14-2020, 08:16 AM   #2020
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
Yummy!....hoping a bottle or 3 of Stagg finds its way to TX!!
I'd not complain, Sir Keith.