Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #781
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steelers fans check in...

That was a nasty win yesterday, but the boys responded to the "must have" and got it done.
It sure is nice to see Rashard Mendenhall back and running well. He's going to provide the other half of the offense we needed to make it work. Up till now, I bet Todd Haley was sweating bullets.
I worry that Antonio and Mike Wallace might think they're a bit too good for their own good. A little extra practice would go a long way towards making sure they catch the ball. Haley's game plan relies heavily on the strengths of this offense, and if he can't get guys to catch the ball, it'll be a long season.
I'm not talking about the couple long balls that were just off the fingertips, that's gonna happen. Sanders, Wallace and Brown each had a drop on easy passes, and they hurt us bad.
I hate to say it, but I think Troy is just about done. His style of play looks like it has just plain worn out that 31 year old body. If he could take it down a notch until he really needs it, he could probably stay healthy. I don't imagine he has that in him.
I sure hope he can heal up and be ready soon. We can sure use him.

With all our offense in place, it should really start coming together now. We have a lot softer schedule than last year, so that should help. Hopefully come playoff time this new offense should be at it's peak.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #782
ripper
Busy doing nothing

First Name: Bart
Trading: (12)
Cohiba
ripper will become famous soon enough

That was the best team we have played this season. A good win. Liked seeing Timmons & Worilds swirling around the field.
Game was over here at 1 pm, so celebrated with Mrs Ripper, who made me 2 garlic & apple sausage sandwiches on sesame seed rolls with grilled peppers, horseradish, onions & mushrooms. Fired a Pueblo Dominicano toro and it tasted great. Then a chorizo, green chile pico di gallo and black bean burrito for dinner during the baseball playoffs and Saints game, followed by a Diesel Unltd. d5.
Good day except that the Seahawks won.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #783
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Sad win at best, but the Steelers are starting their momentum like every season and should be there with the best of them come play-off time.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #784
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough

We still need to get DD back at RG for the offense to be complete. Would love to see Colon sitting on the pine - 4 holding penalties in 1st quarter - WTF?

Has it now become legal to hold Steelers? 4 games and not a single offensive holding penalty in the Steelers favor? I can't remember a PI call in their favor either. As poorly as yesterday's game was officiated it paled in comparison to the Sunday night game. I can't remember the refs so obviously influencing a game. I miss the replacement refs. At least the game was called poorly for both sides.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #785
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Ugh. Where's the running game?
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #786
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

I'm just hoping this year ends up being like 2005, where we hit stride at the right time. The last 5 or so superbowl winners have come from wild card teams that caught fire when they needed to. Not saying its automatically going to be a wild card year for the Steelers, heck we still have all 6 remaining games versus the AFC north yet. But man, the injuries are starting to get old! The same thing every year, too many key players hurt! I know it's part of the game, but why is it every year? Either it's dumb luck, we are getting old, or we need a new conditioning coach!

Well, I know one thing....we need to get on a tear and rip off at least 5 or 6 straight wins or it's curtains for us!
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #787
ripper
Busy doing nothing

First Name: Bart
Trading: (12)
Cohiba
ripper will become famous soon enough

Except for the insane fake FG, was a wonderful victory.
Celebrating our amazing Steelers with a Camacho Triple Maduro toro.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #788
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper View Post
Except for the insane fake FG, was a wonderful victory.
Celebrating our amazing Steelers with a Camacho Triple Maduro toro.
Congrats, Bart! They Looked Good Today Against The Giants!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #789
Cville Cigar
Don't mind if I do!

First Name: Jeffrey
Trading: (1)
RyJ
Cville Cigar is on a distinguished road

My boys are Steelers fans, me, I'm not much of a pro fan, really like watching college.
Cville Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 AM   #790
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Thank you for this weeks win Steelers!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #791
Mikey202
Tight Lines !!!!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (6)
SLR Army (Served With Honor)
Mikey202 will become famous soon enoughMikey202 will become famous soon enough

I'm glad we won that game..... but that was a blatant attempt by the officials to give the game to the Giants. Horrible to say the least, regardless of the situation in the area.

I think the fake FG, attempt was Tomlin saying , " WE got this." The defense stepped up in the second half, and how about the O-line?

The O-line has really done an outstanding job this year, run blocking and in pass protection.

And I personally like the move if letting Polamalu heal up.

The defense is starting to come together also.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #792
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

On the fake field goal play, I thought Tomlin would go for it. He plays balls out and that was exactly the type of situation where he'll take his chances. As soon as he marched the field goal unit, I called the fake field goal. Well, not as soon as they marched out, but right when the camera shot to Tomlin trying to hide and act all normal. lol
It went off poorly, but it's only because Heath missed his contain block on the end and set his guy free.
I liked the call and I like that Mikey isn't afraid to do anything he can to win. Sometimes trickery doesn't work out, but there will come a time that it wins a game for us. Then Mike will be a genius.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #793
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

The return of Big Ben! Should be fun to see us make our run!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #794
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
The return of Big Ben! Should be fun to see us make our run!
Good thing you have a soft start to that run against Phyllis Rivers and the Chargers.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #795
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

As they say my friend....Any given Sunday! You just never know sometimes but you're right, I would rather be facing the Chargers at 1pm eastern time, with a 4 game losing streak, at home in Pittsburgh to begin our run.

Although, we would be sitting atop the division if it wasn't for terrible losses to Oakland, Tennessee, and Cleveland.

I have been taught over the years to never expect a victory...but we will see!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #796
SteelCityBoy

Bolivar

Well, point proven...Any given Sunday. Ugly...

Well played San Diego, well played.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #797
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Who'd a thunk it?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #798
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

Hopefully the Pirates can make it till hockey starts.

Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote