Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 03-24-2024, 10:31 PM   #3901
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Nice pickup on the Booker's, Dave.

I love that SFTB, Tony, Mike (chibnkr) brought me one a few weeks back that is outstanding.
Whhhoooo boy this stuff is good. One of my many problems seems to be I like more expensive bourbons. I get some great recommendations seeing what you more experienced bourbon drinkers enjoy. Saves me time
Old 03-25-2024, 03:58 PM   #3902
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Oh, sampling some of my open bottles. Bookers 23-01, 23-02, ER10, WT Kentucky Spirit. Oh my!
Old 03-26-2024, 10:19 AM   #3903
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone going to try and snag the new Ben Holliday release tomorrow?
Old 03-26-2024, 11:20 AM   #3904
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
I have seen a few around the area have hit the distillery, they have 3 cavehill releases there also
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 11:23 AM   #3905
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
This one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
I've only tried one or two Holladay bottles and liked them, there's going to be a cool release coming out soon called the "18 barrel blend" that a friend had a part in creating, he's been saying we all need to load up since it's something special but we'll see, I think it's going to be around $100 which is around the point I like to try before I buy
I wasn't going to but a friend ended up talking me into it, they sold through 200 bottles at the distillery last weekend then about 1700 on the online presale yesterday, should be about 1000 left for the general sale tomorrow. Wish I knew you wanted it I would have passed along the presale info, it took most of the day to sell out and while the general will probably end up selling out, I bet it will be attainable if you're online whenever they go live
Old 03-26-2024, 02:02 PM   #3906
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

I got into some Russell's Reserve SB last night. I really enjoy it. I'm going to have to grab another bottle or three next time I see it on the shelves.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:03 PM   #3907
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

That’s the one Ben. I forgot you tried it. I’m not going to try and snag one. Got enough to drink for now.
Old 03-26-2024, 04:48 PM   #3908
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
That’s the one Ben. I forgot you tried it. I’m not going to try and snag one. Got enough to drink for now.
Hah, yeah. I have more new ones I want to try that are unopened. Must resist shiny shiny mode.
Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM   #3909
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Quote:
I really wasn't going to, because I need more bourbon like a hole in my head, but then a local friend asked if I could get him one and I figured if I order one for myself that's basically half off shipping. Who could pass up a deal like that?
Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM   #3910
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Nice!
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM   #3911
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

RA

...apparently I was wrong about being able to get them today, public sale went through them all in 1 minute, before the emails could even go out to say they were live
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM   #3912
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
...apparently I was wrong about being able to get them today, public sale went through them all in 1 minute, before the emails could even go out to say they were live
Kinda like concert tickets
Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM   #3913
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Not surprised, with the number available and the hype it got on YouTube.