Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #41
Tombstone

Default Re: Rush Limbuaugh's recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
Would you consider Libertarians to be "liberal" or "conservative"?
LOL..loaded question. But my answer would be conservative. I find myself becoming more and more libertarian though.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #42
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone View Post
Seams like there are a lot of libs on this forum.
I am about as conservative as they come... but I think Rush is too argumentative to bring about any change and I disagree with his assessments of cigars. Other than that I have no problem with him.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #43
Vitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
If I listened to Rush on a daily basis, I would have jammed a screwdriver in my ear long ago.

I was trying to avoid posting in this thread, but you about summed up my thoughts exactly

~Vitis
Old 12-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #44
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Old 12-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #45
tnip23
New Patriotic Dissenter

First Name: Troy
Trading: (2)
Partagas
tnip23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

If I listened to Rush on a daily basis, I would have jammed a screwdriver in my ear long ago.
Peter, Rush obviously has an on-air personality that on first blush may drive many people off. At first he appears to be arrogant, but if you listen on a regular basis you would find he is anything but. He is confident in what he believes however, and that is a trait that turns many off because they do not have that confidence themselves. ( i am not referring to you or anyone here when I say that) Everyone has their own tastes and preferences whether it be cigars, entertainment, or politics. To me ignorance is a much more off-putting trait than arrogance and Rush is not ignorant. I agree with Rush's politics and find him very entertaining . I find the list of cigar recommendations referenced here to by and large not fit my tastes at all, but Rush is a conservative first, a capitalist second and as others have noted I believe the list is influenced by his capitalist arrangement with Finck. I have heard him say that his favorite cigar is actually the Partagas Lusitania, so he does have that going for him.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #46
thebiglebowski
Jack White's Roadie...

First Name: larry
Trading: (0)
Partagas
thebiglebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnip23 View Post
Peter, Rush obviously has an on-air personality that on first blush may drive many people off. At first he appears to be arrogant, but if you listen on a regular basis you would find he is anything but. He is confident in what he believes however, and that is a trait that turns many off because they do not have that confidence themselves. ( i am not referring to you or anyone here when I say that) Everyone has their own tastes and preferences whether it be cigars, entertainment, or politics. To me ignorance is a much more off-putting trait than arrogance and Rush is not ignorant. I agree with Rush's politics and find him very entertaining . I find the list of cigar recommendations referenced here to by and large not fit my tastes at all, but Rush is a conservative first, a capitalist second and as others have noted I believe the list is influenced by his capitalist arrangement with Finck. I have heard him say that his favorite cigar is actually the Partagas Lusitania, so he does have that going for him.
and he's one of baba-wawa's 10 most fascinating people of 2008! so, the douche has that going for him. which is nice...

oh - and i am a lib, actually (to tombstone...)
thebiglebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #47
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
My post and windbag comments were, for the most part, in response to his cigar preferences and recommendations. I don't want to listen to his BS on cigars any more than I would want to hear a professional athlete's musings as a food critic or a Hollywood personality's take on politics.

Rush is undoubtedly an intelligent man. I agree with some of what he believes and disagree with some as well. I am put off by his arrogance. One can be intelligent and confident without being arrogant. IMO, Rush fails at this.
I would not consider him a leader by any stretch of the imagination. He is just one person who has the advantage of the limelight.

His has stated his favorite is a Partagas Lusitania? If he has said this, he changes his story for the audience just like any politician.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #48
beamish

he smokes cc....he's just plugging the brands for money dont you think he knows you can see the band on the lfd chisel........I had a pic with him and arnold smokin monte #2's ..........a dominican cohiba is the cream of the crop????
Old 12-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #49
tnip23
New Patriotic Dissenter

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglebowski View Post
and he's one of baba-wawa's 10 most fascinating people of 2008! so, the douche has that going for him. which is nice...

oh - and i am a lib, actually (to tombstone...)
Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery, good for you biglebowski But is name calling really necessary to get the point across that you don't like the man?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #50
vicvitola

Quote:
Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery, good for you biglebowski But is name calling really necessary to get the point across that you don't like the man?
But is it name calling if Rush really is a douche?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #51
tnip23
New Patriotic Dissenter

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvitola View Post
But is it name calling if Rush really is a douche?
Ok if you show me the chemical analysis on his body that shows he is 50% vinegar, 50% water, I will cede this point to you.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:05 PM   #52
vicvitola

Quote:
Ok if you show me the chemical analysis on his body that shows he is 50% vinegar, 50% water, I will cede this point to you.
Damn! You had to get all "Summers Eve" on me!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #53
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Old 12-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #54
thebiglebowski
Jack White's Roadie...

First Name: larry
Trading: (0)
Partagas
thebiglebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ok, point taken. the alleged douche...
thebiglebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #55
Cigary

Quote:
On his show he comes across as the complete opposite of narcissitic. He seems to have a good heart and great understanding of many things.
I have been in 'his majesty's company' and he has an "on air" personna that rivals others but when you get him in his own element, no cameras, and it's just him and other people he hangs out with he's a complete douchebag. When he was going thru the 'oxy contin' scandal his thoughts were that he'd get past this thing because the public doesn't have an appetite for their heroes to be attacked as he was,,,,their heroes,,,I wanted to puke.

Quote:

Rush is a windbag. I would be willing to bet that at least half the members here know more about cigars than he does.
His thoughts on cigars is whoever puts the money in his pockets,,,,but he does like cigars and will be a spokesperson for those who pay enough for his spokesmanship,,,he knows that and so do the manufacturers who pay him.

Quote:
That is an ignorant statement.

Just because folks recognize that blowhard Limbaugh for what he is, does not speak to one's political tendenceis.
Amen,,,,if you knew half the crap this a hole spouts off with when the camera is off and he thinks he's insulated within the people he golfs or goes to events with you'd be wretching. The Palm Beach crowd is a very exclusive bunch and to stay in it you have to be on one side or the other,,,and for those who know what I am saying I don't have to go into detail as it is a very "religion oriented" deal.

Quote:
About as ignorant as the people putting him down. The majority of people that put Rush down do not listen to him on a daily basis. Please tell me what Rush says that you disagree with.

Rush Limbaugh is the leader of conservatism. Most people that disagree with him are liberals.
I disagree ,,,the fact is that Mr. Limbaugh is a complete fraud as to who he portrays himself in public and who he is in private. Yes, he's a very articulate person in the framework of politics and he has some very heavy hitters who lobby his opinions and vice versa. To judge him when you don't really really know him in both a public and private venue is an incomplete opinion based on what you think,,,not what you know. I'm a very conservative person and I don't agree with him because I know of him thru personal observations as well as thru those who know him. Politics have nothing to do with my opinion of this complete and utter fraud.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #56
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
Would you consider Libertarians to be "liberal" or "conservative"?
Would you say that was is about who is right or who is left when it's over?

Damn it all to hell, I had no idea this would get political.

Last edited by floydpink; 12-15-2008 at 02:58 PM.
floydpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #57
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Wow. If you would do this by listening to Rush, what would you do if you had to listen to Sean Hannity on a daily basis?
Rush I can handle, but Hannity is the one that drives me insane.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #58
BC-Axeman

That same list has been on Rush's site for a long time. He probably didn't even write it.
I like to listen to Rush's show because he comes up with unique and inciteful angles on current events. He also seems to find important events that are not being reported elsewhere but it will be big news if he talks about it. He can be very entertaining.
There is a saying: "It isn't bragging if you can back it up." You can't call "arrogant" unless you are ready to challenge the person and humble them. Otherwise you are stating yourself to be even more arrogant. Just my opinion.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #59
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

After reading his recommendation that the Dominican Cohiba is cream of the crop, his credibility went out the window. What a clown
Old 12-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #60
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

First Name: Ed...duh
Trading: (6)
PL
Mr. Ed will become famous soon enough

Actually, every Dominican Cohiba I've had has been average-good. The kicker is they have all been gifts, I wouldn't pay the prices on those things though. I think if General priced them around the La Gloria or even Macanudo, they wouldn't get such a bad rep. The cigar really suffers because of the name I think.

*Thread jack, off*
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote