Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #1801
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Close, its the SOB (small of back) model. Very comfortable
Old 11-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #1802
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation

Glock fo-tay?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #1803
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_mike View Post
Glock fo-tay?
Posted via Mobile Device
Si
Old 11-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #1804
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikk50 View Post

Cool.

How did you get it to stick to the wall of the shower like that?
Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 PM   #1805
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Cool.

Suction cups and loogies.

It's our kitchen counter, I just took the pic sideways
Old 11-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #1806
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Cool.

I think next year is the year for me to buy a new pistol I'm thinking USP Tactical compact .45 with a silencer we'll see.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #1807
Martel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post

I think next year is the year for me to buy a new pistol I'm thinking USP Tactical compact .45 with a silencer we'll see.
I love my USP .45...great gun.

Cheers,
G

Old 11-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #1808
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel View Post
I love my USP .45...great gun.

Cheers,
G
Yeah I held one and it's definitely the gun for me. I just gotta put down the $1500-$1700 the whole deal is going to cost me.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #1809
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

My HSC expired, I haven't bought a pistol in almost 2 years , that means I broke a promise to the gf when I said I'd only by one a year .

Time to make up for that
Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #1810
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
My HSC expired, I haven't bought a pistol in almost 2 years , that means I broke a promise to the gf when I said I'd only by one a year .

Time to make up for that
Yeah lying is bad man, you better go take care of that.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #1811
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikk50 View Post

Too bad a holster is useless in CA since you can't carry it.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #1812
Martel

This looks like a fun event: Oklahoma Full Auto shoot and trade show.

http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/excl...pocalypse.html

Cheers,
G

Old 12-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #1813
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Getting very tempted to order up a GI or Commander sized Rock Island .45 just for the hell of it. I have been feeling "old school" lately.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #1814
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Got a question for you guys.

My work has had some threats come in and while in my contract it says I cant have weapons im thinking of conceal carrying anyways. Its just one of those things that irks me a little wondering if any of you have been in the same situation.

Sub note: I do have my CCW license.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #1815
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post

My work has had some threats come in and while in my contract it says I cant have weapons im thinking of conceal carrying anyways. Its just one of those things that irks me a little wondering if any of you have been in the same situation.

If they catch you they will fire you on the spot. Also they might be able to pursue legal actual against you for carrying on their private property. I always carry a knife wherever (and I know you have some damn good ones) I am sure you would not have too much trouble taking out a fool with that is need be.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #1816
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

and I carry a knife while i work too and no one seems to care. Managers have asked to borrow it for different tasks. Guess ill stick with that. I hope its to never use it like that though. Just texted a manager about my concerns and she said a Police officer is now going to be in the store for the next few weeks so that's a relief. Problem solved next topic.

What to you all think of .380?
Old 12-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #1817
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

unless you are wearing a speedo all the time and need something the size of an LCP to tuck away in your nether regions, might as well carry a 9mm and the much higher energy loadings and performance that caliber offers. I suppose if you had hands the size of an 8 year old, pistols that small are useful, but last time I shot a .25 (20 years ago, and about the size of an LCP) I thought I could do better chucking it at a BGs head.

and I do not like the images of you that just popped into my brain, thank you very much, Mark......
Old 12-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #1818
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

oh, and jobs are hard to come by in these times. Unless you are willing to find another job, and truly do not like the one you have and the consequences of how it will reflect upon your references, leave the piece at home. Interesting they have no prob with a knife, though. I would be willing to bet that those are verboten in the company handbook as well.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #1819
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
Interesting they have no prob with a knife, though. I would be willing to bet that those are verboten in the company handbook as well.
Knives are covered in the same rule but most of my managers don't stick to Corporates handbook for much of anything really. If you walked around the store ill bet more than 50% of associates have a knife clipped in their pocket also I can see the utility of a knife for other tasks as well. Piece will stay in my car in the parking lot. I love my job at Best Buy.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #1820
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post

Tough call man. You need to weigh out if it is worth it for you. Does your store have the proper signage displayed forbidding concealed weapons in the store? If so, I would not carry as it opens you up to legal action is something goes down. If they do not have proper signage, you can still be fired.

I know a situation went down recently at pizza hut or something where a delivery guy gunned down someone trying to rob him and take his car. He got fired and then sued the pizza company on some basis that the company put him in dangerous situations, but would not allow him to protect himself

*I have my CHL as well.
Closed Thread