Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #141
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Re: so I recieved a couple of pm's

here's a pic of what my belly looks like, 4 days after surgery. 6 incisions, stapled shut with 3 staples each

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...o/DSC02895.jpg
Old 12-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #142
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
here's a pic of what my belly looks like, 4 days after surgery. 6 incisions, stapled shut with 3 staples each

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...o/DSC02895.jpg
That looks painful, Ferdie.
I know it's all for the good, though.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #143
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Best of luck to you buddy.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #144
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Hope you have a speedy recovery Ferdie!!

Be Well!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #145
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
That looks painful, Ferdie.
I know it's all for the good, though.
but it isn't painfull, I am off painmeds. My belly just feels sour, like I had been boxing for a couple of rounds, but pain? Not really.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #146
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Are you restricted with eating at this point?
Old 12-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #147
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

yeah, liquid or mashed to pulp, no added sugars, no peppers and stuff like that. So I eat sugarfree custard, soup and those baby fruit mashes.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #148
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Keep up the good work, Ferdie
Posted via Mobile Device
massphatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #149
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
yeah, liquid or mashed to pulp, no added sugars, no peppers and stuff like that. So I eat sugarfree custard, soup and those baby fruit mashes.
I heard the "mashed pears" go well with an Anejo 50.........in all seriousness, glad you're on the road to recovery!
Old 12-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #150
gbum
Feeling at Home

First Name: Asyraf
Trading: (0)
Partagas
gbum is on a distinguished road

god speed ferdie!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #151
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
I heard the "mashed pears" go well with an Anejo 50.........in all seriousness, glad you're on the road to recovery!
I will tell you a little secret, I was watching some football earlier today (the real football that you guys call soccer) and opened my humidor to select a smoke. Then common sense kicked in, and I decided it was probably a bad idea to light a stogie
Old 12-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #152
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I will tell you a little secret, I was watching some football earlier today (the real football that you guys call soccer) and opened my humidor to select a smoke. Then common sense kicked in, and I decided it was probably a bad idea to light a stogie
Man I hate "common sense"....'til the next morning anyway!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:51 AM   #153
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

ate my first 'real' meal for lunch, I couldn't take all the sweetness of the custard and fruit mash anymore. Had a little bit of colliflower, potato and a tiny piece of fish. Just a tiny bit, that would normally be 3 bites, took me 15 minutes now, eating slowly and very small bites, but man, I feel so much better now.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #154
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

you might want to put a lock on those humodors, Ferd...
Glad to hear you are doing well, and I think you are at the start of a very interesting adventure, Friend.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #155
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

I felt good, so taking a little walk seemed like a nice plan, getting some fresh air, moving around, so I grabbed the cane my mother brought me this morning (she works in an elderly home, they have spare canes, I was allowed to borrow one) and set off for a walk around my block. I estimate the distance between 400 and 500 yards, it went allright but the stairs to my door on the first floor killed me.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #156
The EVP

My hats off to you. I just got yelled at by my doctor about my weight a couple weeks ago (also have diabeties and diverticulitis, which isn't a fun combination. Health foods help the diab. but trigger the diver. Bad foods are okay with Diver, but send my blood sugar all out of whack). Been trying to lose weight for a few weeks now and it is hard. Keep up the good work though!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #157
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

just got back from the hospital, all the staples are removed, doctor says the wounds are looking nice & clean. And it turned out I lost 17 1/2 lbs last week!! Way more then I expected. That makes my total weight 345lbs which is a 45lbs loss since I started this whole thing.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:11 AM   #158
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Congrats - I'm glad to hear it is working well for you. If the humi needs any relief since your not smoking at the moment - may I suggesrt a small bomb to Wanger -
Old 12-09-2009, 07:33 AM   #159
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Wanger is not the one and only botl that I like to target more then once mr Volt, better watch what you wish for ........
Old 12-09-2009, 07:37 AM   #160
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Ok, if I get Christmas wishes - I wish for Santa Ferd to bomb Mike, JK and MAC. Fill their stockings with all kinds of Christmas cheer.

Quote:
Wanger is not the one and only botl that I like to target more then once mr Volt, better watch what you wish for ........