Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #141
Tikihut27
Learned to Love the Bomb

Trading: (3)
Army (Retired)
Tikihut27 has a spectacular aura aboutTikihut27 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sometimes you call a spade a spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNSmoker View Post
I'll never receive my Tikihut Patch
Never say never. I made a mistake by not pushing this GB harder to completion. It was very difficult to handle, given the distance and SSG Robinson's job, but when I got home I pretty much linked up Dan and SSG Robinson and went about my business.

I feel like I dropped the ball. We don't know Dan's intentions on this GB and can't state 100% it was a con. I certainly understood the difficulties.

There are 21 people other than Dan and myself on the GB, and dammit, they are all good people and some of the best troop supporters and BOTLs out there. They all deserve to be recognized for wanting to help the troops and for everything they've done in addition to that GB, if it went through or not.

On MY NAME and rep as an Army Officer and a humbled receiver of the generosity of this forum's Troop Support program and the preceding one, I'll see that recognition happen. One way or another.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #142
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikihut27 View Post
Never say never. I made a mistake by not pushing this GB harder to completion. It was very difficult to handle, given the distance and SSG Robinson's job, but when I got home I pretty much linked up Dan and SSG Robinson and went about my business.

I feel like I dropped the ball. We don't know Dan's intentions on this GB and can't state 100% it was a con. I certainly understood the difficulties.

There are 21 people other than Dan and myself on the GB, and dammit, they are all good people and some of the best troop supporters and BOTLs out there. They all deserve to be recognized for wanting to help the troops and for everything they've done in addition to that GB, if it went through or not.

On MY NAME and rep as an Army Officer and a humbled receiver of the generosity of this forum's Troop Support program and the preceding one, I'll see that recognition happen. One way or another.
You are a good man for picking up the ball on this....a ball that you did not drop. Kudos to you, Sir

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:49 PM   #143
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
You are a good man for picking up the ball on this....a ball that you did not drop. Kudos to you, Sir
Old 07-29-2009, 12:46 AM   #144
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
+1

I had a deal with Dan where it took months to get my "brown bag" from him, and after I had posted positive feedback, I found out that what he sold me gave him about a 300% profit! At that point, I decided no more deals with him.

What bothers me the most about Shawn and the others being ripped off on this deal, is that Dan and his "significant other" have just bought a new house. At the last monthly herf he attended here, he wanted everyone to herf at his new house instead of the place where we meet every month. At this point, I expect that Shawn's money went towards a nice new couch or something else for his new place.

The one thing I know for a fact is that I won't be herfing with him again - at his house or anywhere else! EVER!

I'm sorry that you and the others got ripped off, Shawn. I'm out on the TikiHut patch money, but I wrote that off a few months ago.

I don't feel much like dancin' - right now!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 AM   #145
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I send Dan a message on facebook, asking what's up, and this is his reply

Quote:
Mostly it's the johnny o group buy, it's in part my fault of not mailing everything out as soon as I received it, not receiving it when I was told I would, and not sending out updates every couple days to everyone involved. And with this one person thought they were paying for 125 cigars when they were paying for 50, so they were quite peeved over that as well, and I thought I had their sticks but didn't. I still don't have them all but will send what I have.

Then there's the patch group buy, only thing I could do is refund people's money, even though the patches have been made the SSG Robinson is out the money, and I've sent him two checks, which one he says he has, though has not cashed. He said he would mail the patches a little over a week or two ago, though I've not seen anything yet. Communications with him have been very difficult as he's in Afganistan, though I don't know why it's so hard when it wasn't with the last guy.

I have some trades that have taken a while as well, two specifically that are being counted against me even though I fulfilled my part, one was to a guy in canada who never received the sticks, so I sent a replacement with another person's box to him, he's never replied to if he's received it or not, another is to someone I told I'd send free stuff to and he never received them because I never sent yet.

Mostly I've been having problems sending stuff out due to my own depression issues. I'm not saying it's a valid reason, just what my therapist and me have come to. These group buys along with the rest of the stuff in my life is causing me to sort of break down. Then with that I can't get on CA at work since they blocked it with both proxies and I don't have internet at home, and then in my free time I'm trying to update a house so I can move in it so that the other house I can't afford isn't taken from me before I can, I spend the rest of my time with my daughter.

So I guess with all this I was banned, I wasn't sent any notice or anything just found out from a few friends. I have no idea if it's a perm ban or temp. I still plan to send everything out I owe, and when those patches do finally come in, I'll need help finding addresses for everyone who's owed them.

I'm sorry for being a crappy friend and not speaking up about any of my issues, and know I have no valid reason for not taking care of stuff in a timely manner. I know it's easy to do and I should just do it, just my body won't. Hopefully I can get something to help even me out.

Please wish everyone the best and I hope you don't hate me for how I'm acting now.

Your friend,

Dan
Don't shoot me, I am just the messenger.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:19 AM   #146
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post

He doesn't mention my transaction with him where I paid for 3-5 packs of cigars and he lied to me 3 times about shipping. He did give me the "lost in the mail" story that seems to be his mantra. I've never had a package lost in the mail and I've sent quite a few. I hope he ended up with enough stolen money to buy some furniture for his new house.

MCS
Old 07-29-2009, 06:14 AM   #147
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:

Interesting.

Thanks for sharing, Ferd....

Old 07-29-2009, 06:17 AM   #148
Mr.Maduro
In Domino Confido

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (83)
HUpmann
Mr.Maduro has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
I agree 100% Tom. I have also sent a PM to Dave and if he doesn't want guns at all at his herf then I will leave it at home, I have no problem with that and I respect his decision.

Sorry to offend you Patrick, not everyone is a responsible gun owner. I guess you won't be attending any shoot & herfs then.

You'd be surprised at how many vehicles on the roadway actually have a gun in them by law abiding citizens who have the right to carry and are responsible gun owners. And no I'm not started a debate here and don't want a debate.
You won't get any debate from me...I'm all for the right to bear arms... it was just the context in which you announced that you would be armed was a little threatening in general. I wasn't afraid myself....I'm from Brooklyn!
Old 07-29-2009, 06:31 AM   #149
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:

No shots fired at you, Ferd. But Dan also claims not to have been able to access the Internet. How does he explain his recent activity on Facebook? I realize he's going thru some difficult times but his stories just don't add up.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:41 AM   #150
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
He doesn't mention my transaction with him where I paid for 3-5 packs of cigars and he lied to me 3 times about shipping. He did give me the "lost in the mail" story that seems to be his mantra. I've never had a package lost in the mail and I've sent quite a few. I hope he ended up with enough stolen money to buy some furniture for his new house.

MCS

HE told me the packages getting were lost in the mail FOUR times... I wish I had known I was not the only one or I would have been less sympathetic and less lenient.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:50 AM   #151
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
No shots fired at you, Ferd. But Dan also claims not to have been able to access the Internet. How does he explain his recent activity on Facebook? I realize he's going thru some difficult times but his stories just don't add up.
I got a response to an email I sent him also, yesterday. He has access to the internet at work, just not this site. And no access at home. Told him that was a poor excuse. If you have business to take care of, go to starbucks, or a library. He called me on my way home from work and said he was packing up boxes at the moment, and had me pm Dabidog to get his address. So we shall see if stuff actually starts arriving. He told me 2/3 of the people in the GB had gotten their stuff already. If they have gotten it, post up.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:56 AM   #152
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post

HE told me the packages getting were lost in the mail FOUR times... I wish I had known I was not the only one or I would have been less sympathetic and less lenient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post

MCS
If anyone was giving Dan a chance after these 2 post then they are nieve. I don't think we can believe a word Dan says. Actions speak louder then words. If packages start popping up then that is a different story. Until then anything he says is just a facade.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #153
Buena Fortuna
Feeling at Home

First Name: Sam
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Buena Fortuna will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fissure View Post
I got a response to an email I sent him also, yesterday. He has access to the internet at work, just not this site. And no access at home. Told him that was a poor excuse. If you have business to take care of, go to starbucks, or a library. He called me on my way home from work and said he was packing up boxes at the moment, and had me pm Dabidog to get his address. So we shall see if stuff actually starts arriving. He told me 2/3 of the people in the GB had gotten their stuff already. If they have gotten it, post up.
Every transaction I have had with Dan, and I have had many including the GB in question, has been completed with no issues whatsoever.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:07 AM   #154
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Thanks for your hard work Steve.

The no access to the site excuse is absolutely terrible. I got a PM from him on 7/14 where he asked for my address.

I am so tired of his excuses.

Last edited by elderboy02; 07-29-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #155
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

I call Shenanigans

That sad story is all full of holes.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
Old 07-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #156
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Quote:
I got a response to an email I sent him also, yesterday. He has access to the internet at work, just not this site. And no access at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
I call Shenanigans

That sad story is all full of holes.

I agree I am a newb here and don't have anything invested in this but that message pegged my BS meter. To sit there and say that CA is blocked but you can get to Facebook? Lol ya right. Who would bother blocking CA but not one of the most popular websites in the world? Then to go on and say that they blocked the proxies, seriously does he even know what he is saying when he writes that? Don't believe it for a minute folks.

A picture speaks a 1000 words for how that message from Dan makes me feel.

To all those affected I feel for your loses both monetarily and in friendships.

Last edited by kydsid; 07-29-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:16 AM   #157
ahc4353

I hope you get to see his math skills!

Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #158
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

I have no idea who this Dan fellow is and I don't care to but all I can say is I hope for everyone's sake that this thing gets taken care of so we as a board can move forward. I truly feel bad for those involved, hopefully this asshole makes good.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #159
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

Just got an email from the accused.

All packages that had not been sent out have been sent as of last night/this morning. Only ones he hasn't shipped out is 2 to canada and one to the UK. Take it for what its worth, just the messenger. Hopefully this is true and they will all arrive shortly
Old 07-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #160
SilverFox

Quote:
Just got an email from the accused.

All packages that had not been sent out have been sent as of last night/this morning. Only ones he hasn't shipped out is 2 to canada and one to the UK. Take it for what its worth, just the messenger. Hopefully this is true and they will all arrive shortly
Seems I have heard this story before. No offense to fissure at all who has gone above and beyond in trying to sort this out for the many involved. My thanks for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcz View Post
With what's left to send out for the cigar group buy I will need to pm elderboy for his address still.

DANIEL BALL JR
Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7498 1777 2791
ADAM JAFFE
Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7496 8149 8728
JAYMZ
Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7498 3874 4319
FRANCIS CARDULLO
Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7498 2825 8550
CLIFFORD BAGWELL
Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7497 9680 1277
MICHAEL S. POWERS
Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7498 0728 7038
SHAWN THOMPSON
Priority Mail International® Label Number: CJ194143480US

I will hand deliver the last two to Buena Fortuna who received his other cigars as these last two arrived much later.

I need to make a print label for dentonparrots, jbailey, and rhnewfie. I have one for lostark at home still, and confirm ScottW as I thought I had mailed his already but may not have.
Here for the thread

If cigars do show up I will be surprised. But even if they do, hardcz has already informed me it will not be as many as I ordered or what I ordered.

For purposes of fairness I had quite a few small transactions with hardcz prior to this and all where without incident. This does not make me feel better, it actually makes me feel worse as I feel I have been set up. I have no proof of that hence why it was not said in the original post but that is what my gut tells me.

Closed Thread