Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #101
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sometimes you call a spade a spade

I was involved in a group buy with Dan and while he took a while to get me my part he did deliver. I'm sorry for those that got taken by him. I absolutely hate when people take advantage of others. It only shows that those who prey on others are scum and do not deserve any happiness in life. It truely makes me sick to hear about this. Andrew (DPD) shared some information in this thread about Dan reselling sale cigars at a higher price. Had I known about that I would have never gotten in on the group buy.

The point has been made numerous times here that we may not know each other face to face, but I treat everyone here as family. Unfortunately 1 person decided they were going to take advantage of our family. While he was successful don't think that he won't get his in the end. I credit Dan with teaching me about cc's as I had limited knowledge when I met him. As of now I thank him for that but I will never be able to respect him or give him any of my time.

Being a good Christian I do believe he has the oppurtunity to right all the wrongs that he has done. I hope he does repay everyone. Only then would I be able to begin to forgive him for he harm be has done to many.

Any bets on whether he shows up at Shack?? Can we say bloodbath?

Last edited by GreekGodX; 07-28-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #102
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I would be shocked if he did. I don't think it would be a good idea.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #103
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
That's allright man..... I heard Nugent's Bodyguard will be there.

Pretending to play golf since 1989
Old 07-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #104
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Well he has shown he doesn't make sound decisions...
Old 07-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #105
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Quote:
He wouldn't have the b***s, but if he did
Old 07-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #106
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
Always been my understanding Joel that if it didn't happen here, don't leave feedback for it here.
Gotcha, thanks Vic. Good to see you around some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Yep. That is the general practice.
Thanks Peter!

Quote:
To reiterate, as I am not sure it was grasped completely, it is absolutely NOT ok to post negative feedback here for a transaction on another board...period.
Clear as a bell! (why is it a bell anyway?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
Its just that if the transaction was conducted at another forum, leave the feedback at that forum.

edit: (or in others words.....what Tom said )
Old 07-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #107
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

I was just over at another board that Dan is a member of. Hes got some nasty messages on his profile page already, no trader feedback though.

I understand the MODs policy of no other board feedback and actually have examples to illustrate both sides.

A friend of mine on another board ran a GB for some very expensive, rare cigars that turned out to be fake, the vendor scammed them. Now, he got a bad rep on the other board even though it was not his fault, and that he is making everybody involved whole again. We are talking thousands of $$ here. I would hate for his rep to follow him to a board like CA because as I said, he is making good on the bad situation out of his own pocket. This would be a good argument for not allowing other board feedback.

On the other hand, I have another friend that was involved in a trade on our old home, and after months and months of not receiving his end, asked for his portion back (again THOUSANDS of $$ worth of cigars). The cigars ended up being lost in transit or destroyed or whatever, my friend never got his cigars back. This time however the offending individual didnt make good on the situation, saying that he was financially unable. He then proceeds to take an extravagant vacation and boasts about it. (He is still a member here, and probably reading this.) Now, even though this happened on another board, I would never get involved with a trade with this person, nor would I want another to get burned the way my friend got burned. I think this would be a perfect argument for allowing other board feedback.

My point is, its a catch-22. The MODs have a tough enough time keeping the Massholes in line.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #108
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Shark bait Oh haha! I'll be there and be armed. Of course it will be put in the car once I begin to Oh and I doubt he'll be there as he said he was going to be at Old Sailor's herf and RHNewfie's herf and never showed up. I think he knows he'll run into some major problems

Oh and I did post earlier about Dan but I felt that the members should make up their own decisions about him and not have me influence them in any way. I did frequent chat regularly at some asked about Dan and when they asked I did tell them the dealings I've had with them and let them make up their own minds.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #109
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Shark bait Oh haha! I'll be there and be armed. Of course it will be put in the car once I begin to Oh and I doubt he'll be there as he said he was going to be at Old Sailor's herf and RHNewfie's herf and never showed up. I think he knows he'll run into some major problems

Oh and I did post earlier about Dan but I felt that the members should make up their own decisions about him and not have me influence them in any way. I did frequent chat regularly at some asked about Dan and when they asked I did tell them the dealings I've had with them and let them make up their own minds.
hummm, no sharks in Erie......tar & feather.....
Old 07-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #110
Clampdown
I Cut Like a Buffalo

First Name: Brian
Trading: (12)
RA
Clampdown will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sailor View Post
hummm, no sharks in Erie......tar & feather.....
Lots of snakes though
Old 07-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #111
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
This is where I will end up replying, although I wanted to reply to the person that stated that there was a real case, crossing state lines, etc. I laughed out loud, I am sorry to say. Not to deride the person who said this, but in a general way, I was thinking, 'yup, it's easy to give advice to the "other person" who then has to act on his ironclad case involving illegal goods'. Haha, priceless.
Like I have the time to read thru everything to determine that this was a deal involving "unspeakables" ...

I've been the moderator and owner of boards with over 20,000 people (not cigar related) and have had to deal with this crap before. More often than not the buyer gets some recourse, especially if its across state lines. Atty Generals of States dont look kindly on interstate fraud.

However, since this was across country lines, I dont have a clue how one would proceed with this as I have no experience with it.

I just hate hearing about that kind of money loss, that is, for me anyway, a significant amount of money and I would be steaming pissed.

Last edited by Thrak; 07-28-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #112
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu View Post
That's allright man..... I heard Nugent's Bodyguard will be there.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #113
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Well he has shown he doesn't make sound decisions...
Word.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #114
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
My point is, its a catch-22. The MODs have a tough enough time keeping the Massholes in line.
Nah, we love youse guys!

P.S.....sorry for the back to back to back posts...my multi-quote doesn't work on this work computer.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #115
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Shark bait Oh haha! I'll be there and be armed. Of course it will be put in the car once I begin to
Oh, absolutely....in fact, the gun needs to be in the car if anyone at the herf has been drinking. NO guns at the herf (outside the car), and I will tell you the story as to why in 2 weeks, Andrew.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #116
devilfish

Crossboard bad trader feedback is a dicey thing and has far more negatives than positives. But, crossboard notification can be beneficial to the board leadership teams.

FTR Dan has been banned at ICC.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #117
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Oh, absolutely....in fact, the gun needs to be in the car if anyone at the herf has been drinking. NO guns at the herf (outside the car), and I will tell you the story as to why in 2 weeks, Andrew.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #118
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Quote:

I wish I would have known the stuff before I ordered as I wouldn't have supported the group buy. Your bro told me after the fact some of the stuff that happened. I didn't get harmed by any of this but I wouldn't have supported the group buy if I'd known.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:20 PM   #119
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfish View Post
Crossboard bad trader feedback is a dicey thing and has far more negatives than positives. But, crossboard notification can be beneficial to the board leadership teams.
Point taken.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #120
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Can't wait to hear the story Tom. I never have a gun on me while partaking in the adult beverages. I hope it's ok to bring it for the ride over and the ride back. Can I bring my water pistol?

Last edited by DPD6030; 07-28-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Closed Thread