Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '10 - '11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Tom that game was painful to watch. The loafs scored 4 goals in the third. WTF?

They had some pregame interviews on the radio on the way in. I believe it was heatley who made some comment about some guys may be struggling with motivation in such a long season. Really? He fuc& face how about its your fuc&in job. I swear success ruins some people. Highligh of the night for me was Dion hits heatley on the boards as soon as he turns Clowe comes in and blows his ass up on the wall. He chirps Clowe who asks him to dance over and over. Clowe and everyone else knew that PUS$Y was not going to fight. I hate that guy. Same as always he wants to lay the wood, but wont fight anyone his own size. I saw Clowe chirping him after that when he got the chance.

I hope Orr is suspended for the knee on knee hit on Logan. He left the ice and never returned. How that was not a major was beyond me. Intent looked clear. Sharks pissed away multiple power plays including the one on orr. First time since 96-97 they have lost 5 straight at home. These guys are bad. We need dmen so bad. Huskins and wallin couldnt even get out of the zone on a power play.
Dion is a pu$$y.

Didn't see the hit on Couture, is he OK?

Motivation in a long season???? How about the millions you make to play a game I pay to play? I have even less respect now for Heately.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #882
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Go Avs.... Plenty of time to turn things around....

That said, I am off to watch some high school kids play
Old 01-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #883
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Go Avs.... Plenty of time to turn things around....

That said, I am off to watch some high school kids play
Anderson not playing, so no dilemma for me...Go Hawks!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #884
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

2nd consecutive shutout for Crawford.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #885
GHC_Hambone

Go Hawks! No cable this year, so its been a little hard to keep up with them. Oh well, better not to have it this year than last year...

Old 01-13-2011, 03:12 AM   #886
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Motivation in a long season???? How about the millions you make to play a game I pay to play? I have even less respect now for Heately.
Agreed on all accounts.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #887
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Friggin sharks are going to lose to thw loafs. Best line of the night my son who turned 5 a few months ago looks at me and says "why is no one going to the the front of the net? I go to the front of the net." I smiles and said thats cause your a good hockey player.
That's priceless!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #888
Prefy
Connoisseur of Pucks

First Name: Matt
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Prefy will become famous soon enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU8zy...ayer_embedded#!

Good Anthem moment...8 year old girl singing the American anthem at a Norfolk Admirals game (AHL) has a little trouble with the words and the crowd helps her out.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #889
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefy View Post

Good Anthem moment...8 year old girl singing the American anthem at a Norfolk Admirals game (AHL) has a little trouble with the words and the crowd helps her out.
Very cool.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #890
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Please God I don't ask for much. Please let the Sharks beat the Oilers.
I believe the wheels have officially fallen off the wagon. Hell I think its burst into flames also.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #891
bscottskangum
Oh yeah, I'm awesome!

First Name: Barry
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
bscottskangum will become famous soon enoughbscottskangum will become famous soon enough

Quote:

That's my home town team, I take the 20 minute trek to watch them for most of their home games. I was in grad class on that friday night so I missed it
Old 01-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #892
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Down 3-0 to Edmonton!!!!!
The Wagon is on fire and has flown over the cliff
Old 01-14-2011, 01:22 AM   #893
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Watched the Sharks game, Mike, they are gripping the sticks way too tight. Lots of point blank chances missing the net. That and their defense looks lost.

Hawks have a home and home against the Preds this weekend, I would like to see them take 2 in regulation and get back in the playoff hunt.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #894
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

That was pretty cool!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #895
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Please God I don't ask for much. Please let the Sharks beat the Oilers.
I believe the wheels have officially fallen off the wagon. Hell I think its burst into flames also.
Not to poke fun any any team, but the mental image I had here was those idiots that keep driving after the cops use tack strips on their tires. First you get sparks, then flames, and sometimes a perp bailing out of a moving car just before it explodes.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #896
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Watched the Sharks game, Mike, they are gripping the sticks way too tight. Lots of point blank chances missing the net. That and their defense looks lost. .
Lastnight the bull Durham mound scene just kept coming to mind. Bunch of headcases. Clowe is a beast nice to see Pavelski back he has missed 8. Now Mitchell and Logan are out. That Huskins delay of game penalty in the third just summarized him in a nutshell. Sharks get momentum take a penalty then he makes it a 5 on 3. Honestly you look at the gms deadline moves for years and he should be fired for them. Huskins. And Wallin were both deadline pickups and are horrible. I would bring up some rookies at this point
Can't do any worse.

Bull Durham scene. One of the best lines ever. Were dealing with a lot of $hit here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8olTfKZnFiM
Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #897
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

An Oh Chit tonight... Ryan O'Reilly went into the boards just now, looks REALLY BAD to me right now... Just took him off and I didn't see him move an arm, let alone a foot after hitting, save for one arm just working it's way to the ice....

Long story short, this looks pretty rough and positive thoughts towards the O'Reilly family are in order at this point...

Just lost an edge and went into the boards at the blue line...nothing crazy.... I'll hope my worries are unfounded....
Old 01-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #898
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
An Oh Chit tonight... Ryan O'Reilly went into the boards just now, looks REALLY BAD to me right now... Just took him off and I didn't see him move an arm, let alone a foot after hitting, save for one arm just working it's way to the ice....

Long story short, this looks pretty rough and positive thoughts towards the O'Reilly family are in order at this point...

Just lost an edge and went into the boards at the blue line...nothing crazy.... I'll hope my worries are unfounded....
Looks like he has'had movement in his arms and legs, that is good news...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...4f093ad380.2e1

Av's O'Reilly stretchered off in win over Wild
(AFP) – 11 hours ago

ST. PAUL, Minnesota — Colorado center Ryan O'Reilly was stretchered off the ice after crashing head first into the boards in the Avalanche's 4-1 NHL victory over Minnesota.

An Avalanche official said O'Reilly had movement in his arms and legs but was taken to a local hospital Friday for further evaluation.

Colorado led 2-0 when O'Reilly fell while chasing the puck alongside Minnesota's Matt Cullen early in the second period.

Play was halted for about 10 minutes as trainers attended to the motionless player.

Avalanche coach Joe Sacco gathered his players near the bench in an effort to help them regain their concentration before play resumed.

"What I tried to right after that happened and he went off was just tell the guys that he was going to be fine and make sure that we stayed strong within the game," Sacco said.

"Sometimes you tend to drift a little bit when you see a teammate go off like that. It's just human nature."

Tomas Fleishmann extended the Avs' lead to 3-0 in the second period with a shot that went between the legs of rookie goaltender Anton Khudobin.

Kevin Porter, Milan Hejduk, Fleischmann and Ryan Wilson scored for Colorado, while Andrew Brunette scored for Minnesota.

Goalie Craig Anderson said the Avalanche were more motivated after O'Reilly was injured.

"He was moving and it sounds like he's OK," Anderson said. "You've got to find a way to pick him up. It was our job and our duty to win the game for him."
Old 01-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #899
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Wings lost a couple more players to injury last night in a shootout loss to Columbus. Jimmy Howard has a bruised hip and Holmstrom broke his hand. Just hoping for no more injuries!
Old 01-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #900
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I just heard on the radio today that her Mic went out. Thought at first she forgot the words, and I'm sure the crowd thought that too, still an awesome thing to see.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Closed Thread