Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #761
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thr

Liverpool are just an injury away from being a disaster and in some ways Chelsea as well. Anelka is already out, either Torres or Gerrard go down and both teams will be done.

I'll take the Liverpool vs Chelsea CL bet, what the hell. With Hiddink in the house I say Chelsea are a better side (although they have no bench).
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #762
mastershogun
Feeling at Home

Trading: (47)
Bolivar
mastershogun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddick View Post
Liverpool are just an injury away from being a disaster and in some ways Chelsea as well. Anelka is already out, either Torres or Gerrard go down and both teams will be done.

I'll take the Liverpool vs Chelsea CL bet, what the hell. With Hiddink in the house I say Chelsea are a better side (although they have no bench).
mastershogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:28 AM   #763
theycallmedan'lboone

aright riddick, and mastersho... that does it for me humi's kinda full, but can't afford just giving them away.. like I did with Auburn football this past season.. Riddick, Shogun, Winner who goes through being either Liverpool or Chelsea. Chelsea goes through, you fine gentleman receive 5 each, the lads from the mersey go through.. well. I win. Be Champions. I'd take Liverpool's bench over Chelsea's any day of the week. I'd like to think that Liverpool could win 4 against Chelsea in a season. However Chelsea have been resurgent, but Liverpool have been.. disgustingly menacing? Time will tell. Be champions.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #764
Jason
the thing under the thing

Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Jason will become famous soon enough

Just laughed out loud watching SKY sports news, previewing the holland/scotland match, they're interviewing the Scots in Amsterdam and one says:

Quote:
Muh 'eh says it'll be Olland three nil, me hairt says it'll be Olland two nil
good stuff
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #765
aldukes
Mr. Me Too

Trading: (3)
aldukes is on a distinguished road

Hi. I'm the new Spain kits. Boy am I ugly.
aldukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #766
TheRiddick
Non-believer

TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone View Post
aright riddick, and mastersho... that does it for me humi's kinda full, but can't afford just giving them away.. like I did with Auburn football this past season.. Riddick, Shogun, Winner who goes through being either Liverpool or Chelsea. Chelsea goes through, you fine gentleman receive 5 each, the lads from the mersey go through.. well. I win. Be Champions. I'd take Liverpool's bench over Chelsea's any day of the week. I'd like to think that Liverpool could win 4 against Chelsea in a season. However Chelsea have been resurgent, but Liverpool have been.. disgustingly menacing? Time will tell. Be champions.
I am a long time ManU fan, but what the hey :-) I just think that Liverpool may have an over-confidence problem as of now and like I said, you better prey that Torres comes back from internationals next week in one piece.

That should be an interesting week...
Old 03-29-2009, 02:01 AM   #767
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Just laughed out loud watching SKY sports news, previewing the holland/scotland match, they're interviewing the Scots in Amsterdam and one says:
The city was packed with Scots in kilts when I took a stroll in my lunchbreak on friday. Reminded me of the time Ajax played Celtic for the Champions League a few years ago, those Scots know how to party.

his first git feeling was right, Olland won 3-0 (Huntelaar, Van Persie, Kuyt)
Old 03-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #768
mastershogun
Feeling at Home

Bolivar

Quote:
sorry, forgot to respond to this... i'm game
not always confident in my pick but always up for some fun
Old 03-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #769
theycallmedan'lboone

I can't say as that Liverpool have a confidence problem. United might... but Liverpool... Who's bigger than liverpool :'-) thanks carra for proving me point!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #770
TheRiddick
Non-believer

Quote:
I can't say as that Liverpool have a confidence problem. United might... but Liverpool... Who's bigger than liverpool :'-) thanks carra for proving me point!
Please tell me you're kidding. United have a confidence problem? Wow...

It is remarkable that Liverpool supporters assume that the team won't drop points from now on.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:03 PM   #771
theycallmedan'lboone

I figure that the only chance for my team to win the EPL is for them to win every match and hope United's string of bad form continues. Do United have the upper hand? yes. Are they still Favorites. I think they have been since day one. Do I think they have the propensity to continue to drop points? Yes. It's is remarkable to me that United supporters deem themselves above dropping points. Obviously my team isn't above it... see Stoke, Hull, BORO... My point that United has a possible confidence problem... they've lost 2 consecutive games. They had all their big names against fulham save Vidic, and still put on a piss poor display. Even the boy rooney couldn't save them, try as he did... wouldn't you have a confidence problem if you lost two games in a row for the first time in a long time? They do have an easier (if there is one) road is the CL which should give SAF some time to rest some of the older boys for the PL... time shall tell. The season will come down to the last game or two IMHO. It's hard to tell Liverpool that they have a big head scoring what 13 goals in 3 games and having beaten some of the biggest names in football doing it.... Real Madrid, Manchester United... sure United may win out and I don't think too many people would be surprised if they did, but Liverpool have shown what they are made of, finally stepped it up in the big games, and honestly are only 3 wins out of the 10 draws away from being untouchable. Time shall tell.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:39 PM   #772
TheRiddick
Non-believer

Hmmm... where did you see me state that I do not expect United to drop points? I did say that the assumption out there is that Liverpool won't (by 'pool fans). Actually I more than willing to bet 'pool will drop points and not just one game. Only last season's Chelsea team had the sort of end of season consistency that is United's trademark for some time now. Remember Keegan and Blackburn? Arsenal last year?

I will be the first one to say that what United need is a true striker. Yes, I like Rooney and what he brings, but they do miss Nistelory type player in the box ever since he left. For the number of opportubities United create each and every game, they should be posting 4-5 goals every time, but they don't. In esense, they have been playin with 10 men on pretty much every game, at least every time that lazy ass Berbatov is on. I really wish they unload both Berbatov and Tevez (yeah, I know I'll catch flack for saying this) this summer and replace them with one true striker-poacher. And then let Macheda play in the senior squad, he has been ripping the reserves league to shreds for some time now.

Actually, I really wish SAF would let Macheda loose on Villa this weekend, not much to loose and everything to gain, IMO.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #773
theycallmedan'lboone

Can't say as that I disagree with your striker thought...

update on team Misfits in the Huntsville Adult Soccer League, where I, El Pittman, am the Special one. Ok not quite. Since my knee injury I've been relegated to playing keeper, not too bad since our old one fell off the face of the earth. Knee is getting better by the day. We've had three game a goalless draw, a 2-2 draw and a 4-3 win. Last night was our first win, pretty exciting. minus the letting in 5 goals. I was kinda upset at myself last night for the first goal, I froze and didn't charge the attacker, and for their third, which was a free kick. (although I wouldn't mind blaming the ref) I was lining up my wall and he blew the whistle and I was way out of position, lob shot, just past my fingers... oh well. So right now, we're one of the 2 teams in our division who hasn't been defeated. We have a 2 week break and will get back at it.. no goals from The boy Pittman yet.. it will come, probably in the form of a penalty..
Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #774
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

holy hell did you see the finish to the MU/villa game. literally had me on the edge of my chair and i jump up when that 3rd goal was scored.

great game
Old 04-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #775
TheRiddick
Non-believer

MACHEDA (I called it above).

Ferdinand not playing was interesting, they kept saying his back is fine and should hold for the game. Both Villa balls were headers and I am not sure why Evans and O'Shay, with their decent height, could not do better.

I think Tevez is gone come summer, Inter?, lots of energy that doesn't do much in the end.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #776
theycallmedan'lboone

Tevez is a rooney-ish player, minus rooney's defensive skills. I agree, he'll probably be gone over the summer.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #777
Bubba - NJ
Deep Cherry Finish

First Name: Rolf
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Bubba - NJ is on a distinguished road

That was a GREAT GOAL by the 17 year old Macheda complete with going to family in the stands and getting a yellow for it . Benayouns goal for Liverpool was excellent as well . This game is really growing on me ! Maybe I'll get lucky enough and a couple friendlies will get played in Philly this summer .
Old 04-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #778
theycallmedan'lboone

Jdbwolverines Jdbwolverines 1208
2 TEAMOFCARRAGHERS Dan'lboone 1173
3 Heritage St. Lou Stu 1103
4 SOS FC yayson 1012
5 Lakeland Wednesday T. Tripoli 935
6 aldukes aldukes 924
7 CS Scousers P NOON 897
8 Buckeye's Bashers reggiebuckeye 868
9 Leeds Ga. Aracos 844
10 Trudy Tours TTOURS 665

I think with the season in it's final throes, JDB is close to have wrapped it up.

anybody going to offer a 5er on United?!?! HAHAH! *in no way would I ever take that bet*
Old 04-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #779
theycallmedan'lboone

Good luck to all involved today. May there be much happiness, scotch and cigars.
Be Champions.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #780
mastershogun
Feeling at Home

Bolivar

Quote:
anybody going to offer a 5er on United?!?! HAHAH! *in no way would I ever take that bet*
maybe you should have taken that bet... at least at the 4th minute!