Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #5961
Angry_Pirate
Traveler

First Name: J.T.
Trading: (40)
Cohiba
Angry_Pirate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Show your latest NC purchase II!

Pickups on a recent road trip
New Opus X's x6, 77 Shark, No. 4

Viaje's

Tat's

LFD's and Litto Gomez #4 Small Batch
Old 01-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #5962
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn fine haul J.T.!!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #5963
Angry_Pirate
Traveler

Cohiba

More road trip scores
Culebras: Illusione 23, LFD, and Davidoff Special "C"

LP #9,Illusione Holy Lancero, Don Carlos God of Fire Tubos.

Gloria De Leon,Excepcionales by Elogio, Casa Fernandez, EloGio salomone (not in good shape),Nub Maduro, Pinar Del Rio
Old 01-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #5964
darkninja67

wow impressive buys of late. Way to start the new year guys

Old 01-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #5965
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Wow J.T. just WOW!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #5966
jdp
linux|beer|scotch|cigars

First Name: Jay
Trading: (0)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
jdp is on a distinguished road

You go away for a few days and everyone gets some really nice stuff. Good pickups everyone. Some really nice pickups!

I know it's been a few days since my post, but figured I'd explain a bit.

Yes.. I am non-cello for my humidors.

As far as the purchases, I really was going for a few boxes Arturo Fuente I like and then a few other miscellaneous boxes. However, things went a bit differently due to available stock and cigar sprint sale. I was looking for a box of sharks and I knew anejos were available for the holidays. Of the sites and B&Ms buy from, I couldn't find a box of sharks. So, I went ahead and got a box of the No.50s since I really like those as well. I also got a box of the OpusX Lost City Lanceros (I had smoked one on my birthday and decided I wanted to age them). The next day I go online and I see sharks are in stock.. so I add them to my cart and get a phone call. By the time I got back to the cart to checkout… they were gone. Disappointed, I went ahead and got the No.49s as I really like those as well (just gotta make sure you have time when smoking). The next day I went back online to see the state of the anejos.. and the sharks were there.. I bought them right away. That's how I wound up with the 3 boxes.

Now as for the others.. they were for the most part cigar sprint sale material.. I got the 601s blue toros for $78, the T11s for $68, and the Don Carlos No.4s for $134. Lastly, I saw that Tatuaje Black Petit Lanceros were for $166 and another cigar I wanted. For the price.. I really like the cigars and it was hard to pass up. I also don't know about putting prices, but I see people doing it.. so I don't mind sharing.

The others were just misc things I bought to have on hand. The God of Fire robustos were another cigar sprint sale deal for $47.. again… not a bad deal.

Anyway.. I know a few thought it was quite excessive of a purchase but really it was all circumstance. Plus the fact I don't mind holding on to cigars I know I will smoke. Later on, I may not be able to get when I'd like to smoke them.

Of course on another note.. who knows what Arturo Fuente will be throwing out there for their 100th anniversary.. probably some good stuff on the way.

Hope everyone has great New Year!

Jay
Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #5967
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

Very nice J.T. awesome pickup
Old 01-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #5968
UpInSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I just searched this web site and found ZERO Litto Gomez Small Match #4s.

Man, I'm sorry. I should have said you probably would have to call on the phone. They are not a big on-line retailer. They had them this past Saturday.
And they are $19 a stick. That's why I only bought 2, to see how good they are. I can call them tomorrow and have them put them in my locker and get them out to you by the weekend if you want. No problem.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #5969
UpInSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Holy cow!!! That price is crazy!!!

Hey how do they have Anarchy's? I thought that was Smokeinn exclusive?
Yeah,$19 shocked me a little. Only bought 2. For now.

I asked about the Anarchies when I was there this weekend. Gary just kind of shrugged.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #5970
Angry_Pirate
Traveler

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInSmoke View Post

I asked about the Anarchies when I was there this weekend. Gary just kind of shrugged.
I can second this I got my Litto Gomez Small batch 4 and the Anarchy at Birmingham Cigars Monday on our way from Auburn.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #5971
INT
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
INT will become famous soon enough

Old 01-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #5972
LigaPrivadaT84

These 3 little piggies are now hiding out in their Spanish cedar home.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #5973
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Damn fine pickups here gents!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #5974
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp View Post
You go away for a few days and everyone gets some really nice stuff. Good pickups everyone. Some really nice pickups!

I know it's been a few days since my post, but figured I'd explain a bit.

Yes.. I am non-cello for my humidors.

As far as the purchases, I really was going for a few boxes Arturo Fuente I like and then a few other miscellaneous boxes. However, things went a bit differently due to available stock and cigar sprint sale. I was looking for a box of sharks and I knew anejos were available for the holidays. Of the sites and B&Ms buy from, I couldn't find a box of sharks. So, I went ahead and got a box of the No.50s since I really like those as well. I also got a box of the OpusX Lost City Lanceros (I had smoked one on my birthday and decided I wanted to age them). The next day I go online and I see sharks are in stock.. so I add them to my cart and get a phone call. By the time I got back to the cart to checkout… they were gone. Disappointed, I went ahead and got the No.49s as I really like those as well (just gotta make sure you have time when smoking). The next day I went back online to see the state of the anejos.. and the sharks were there.. I bought them right away. That's how I wound up with the 3 boxes.

Now as for the others.. they were for the most part cigar sprint sale material.. I got the 601s blue toros for $78, the T11s for $68, and the Don Carlos No.4s for $134. Lastly, I saw that Tatuaje Black Petit Lanceros were for $166 and another cigar I wanted. For the price.. I really like the cigars and it was hard to pass up. I also don't know about putting prices, but I see people doing it.. so I don't mind sharing.

The others were just misc things I bought to have on hand. The God of Fire robustos were another cigar sprint sale deal for $47.. again… not a bad deal.

Anyway.. I know a few thought it was quite excessive of a purchase but really it was all circumstance. Plus the fact I don't mind holding on to cigars I know I will smoke. Later on, I may not be able to get when I'd like to smoke them.

Of course on another note.. who knows what Arturo Fuente will be throwing out there for their 100th anniversary.. probably some good stuff on the way.

Hope everyone has great New Year!

Jay
Lucky bastige, I haven't seen anything that good on the sprint ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInSmoke View Post

Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate View Post
I can second this I got my Litto Gomez Small batch 4 and the Anarchy at Birmingham Cigars Monday on our way from Auburn.
Good job!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #5975
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigaPrivadaT84 View Post

These 3 little piggies are now hiding out in their Spanish cedar home.
Mmmm

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Old 01-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #5976
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

Nice grabs Mac! I personally love the Illusiones line up right now! I saw those Berger and Argenti's in a local B&M just a few days ago. Thought they looked interesting with a cigar within a cigar. What are your thoughts on them?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #5977
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
Nice grabs Mac! I personally love the Illusiones line up right now! I saw those Berger and Argenti's in a local B&M just a few days ago. Thought they looked interesting with a cigar within a cigar. What are your thoughts on them?
HUGE fan of the Entubar Quad Maduros (imagine that). The V32 is another fine stick that is a bit stronger than the quad maduro...and tasty as hell.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #5978
Brooks W
Feeling at Home

Trading: (70)
Brooks W has a spectacular aura aboutBrooks W has a spectacular aura about

2 Boxes of Oliva Limited Edition Samplers (1 to smoke, one to put away):

Box of VSG CGs to put away for a LOOOOOOONNNNNG time

Old 01-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #5979
Doctorossi
Have My Own Room

Trading: (8)
Punch
Doctorossi will become famous soon enoughDoctorossi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks W View Post
Box of VSG CGs to put away for a LOOOOOOONNNNNG time
I'm guessing that would be your favorite VSG vitola... ?
Old 01-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #5980
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Good stuff Brooks!