Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-26-2009, 02:03 AM   #521
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thr

Juventus will bid 30 million euro for Kuyt, at least, that's what the Italian media suggests.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:43 AM   #522
theycallmedan'lboone

jason your words make me laugh. I think Benayoun starting over dirk kuyt would actually be better for Liverpool as a team. Kuyt does have that whole, I can run until my legs fall off thing going for him.

If Juve do make a 30 MILLION (euro I assume) bid for dirk kuyt, Rafa should take it. Not that he's using the other 20 million guy he has(and who will, imho, lose come this summer) I think getting 30 mil for dirk k is great. Buy a real winger.. or let benayoun/babel play.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #523
Jdbwolverines
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
Jdbwolverines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Juventus will bid 30 million euro for Kuyt, at least, that's what the Italian media suggests.
For 30 Million I think Rafa should take it too. I really like Kuyt and hate to see him go, but you can get a lot for that much. Also when is Rafa finally to get a line up and stick with it. I know you have to find one that works, change things up for injuries, and let players get some rest, but on the flip side there is also putting your best 11 out there and letting them get into a regular routine of playing and in habit with each other. There are some games where he will start no (true) strikers and just have Kuyt and Gerrard play up, or he will set it like this weekends and have Torres and Babel along with Kuyt and Gerrard all in. And is Keane ever going to get off the bench again?
Jdbwolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:13 AM   #524
theycallmedan'lboone

In my mind, I paid money for him I'm going to see what I can get... (if i was rafa da gaffa)
Old 01-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #525
theycallmedan'lboone

so what happens if we have a tie in the fantasy league?
Old 01-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #526
aldukes
Mr. Me Too

Trading: (3)
aldukes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone View Post
so what happens if we have a tie in the fantasy league?
arm wrestle!
aldukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #527
theycallmedan'lboone

helll no, Joey blanchard has never lost in an arm-wrestling competiton.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:04 AM   #528
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Kuyt doesn't want to go to Italy, he wants to renew his contract with Liverpool.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #529
theycallmedan'lboone

hell you've got a manager that starts you 9 times out of 10 why would you want to move?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #530
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

money? change of scenery? a fair shot at the title?

He had a manager that started him at Utrecht 10 out of 10, he had a manager that started with him at Feyenoord 10 out of 10.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #531
Jason
the thing under the thing

Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Jason will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
He had a manager that started him at Utrecht 10 out of 10, he had a manager that started with him at Feyenoord 10 out of 10.
C'mon DF! We both know there are things more interesting for Kuyt than starting at Utrecht. We both also know that Feyenoord are sh*t through and through
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #532
theycallmedan'lboone

HeLLO leslie osborne!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #533
theycallmedan'lboone

am I a bad person for taking a few hours off of work to watch Liverpool v Wigan? (I didn't ask if I was intelligent, just a bad person, so no comments from the peanut gallery.. DF).
Old 01-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #534
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
C'mon DF! We both know there are things more interesting for Kuyt than starting at Utrecht. We both also know that Feyenoord are sh*t through and through
Yeah, like I said before, Kuyt has a poor choice when it comes to choosing clubs
Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #535
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Quote:
am I a bad person for taking a few hours off of work to watch Liverpool v Wigan? (I didn't ask if I was intelligent, just a bad person, so no comments from the peanut gallery.. DF).
No, you're not a bad person. Wish I could see Wigan play too

I actually quit a job once because of football. I wanted to see Ajax vs Gremio for the worldcup late 1995 and because of the time difference with Japan that game was here mid day. My (female, football hating) boss said that football was no reason to take a day off, so I took the keys to the office, slammed them on her desk and said I quit.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #536
theycallmedan'lboone

don you might should have just called in sick?

I hereby declare I won't watch another liverpool game until they win again... after sunday...
Old 01-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #537
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

it was just a temp job
Old 01-29-2009, 05:40 PM   #538
theycallmedan'lboone

Has Rafa lost the plot? He endeared himself to the Liverpool fans in 2005 when he took liverpool to the CL final and came away with the trophy. Since then there has been an FA Cup (2006) and a Community shield.. (2007) and... the UEFA Supercup... 2005.. anyways. While thats all great and wonderous... Only 2 of them have any real meaning. The FA Cup and The CL final. Liverpool and their fans desire 1 thing. The Premier League Title. While many teams would be happy to say that in 5 years they've won SOMEKIND of silverware. Obviously that's not enough. I think that Liverpool have the talent to compete for the PL. Obviously Man U is the favorite, and has been since day 1. Why does Benitez play defensively when he's up only a single goal? why does he pull of Captain Fantastic?(ever!?) Why does Robbie Keane not play? Why does Lucas? These are all questions I'd love to have answered. Don, I expect some hilariaty to ensue from you.. Jason? Aldukes? anybody?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #539
Jason
the thing under the thing

Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Jason will become famous soon enough

too many questions for me to address in a dark garden shed on a laptop with a schitzy power cord and dead battery but I think it's a testament to Liverpool fans that the grumblin is only just beginning since his rotation policy is assinine given the type of personalities he buys for squad players and the way he rotates. Been donig it since day one and doesn't show any signs of learning a lesson.

He's a good tactician, and a decent man manager but man management style is suited to a smaller club with lower expectations I do believe.

If he played a first team and bought and used squad players based on injuries instead of His Indecipherable Way, he'd be doing it all at Liverpool
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #540
Jdbwolverines
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
Jdbwolverines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Has Rafa lost the plot? He endeared himself to the Liverpool fans in 2005 when he took liverpool to the CL final and came away with the trophy. Since then there has been an FA Cup (2006) and a Community shield.. (2007) and... the UEFA Supercup... 2005.. anyways. While thats all great and wonderous... Only 2 of them have any real meaning. The FA Cup and The CL final. Liverpool and their fans desire 1 thing. The Premier League Title. While many teams would be happy to say that in 5 years they've won SOMEKIND of silverware. Obviously that's not enough. I think that Liverpool have the talent to compete for the PL. Obviously Man U is the favorite, and has been since day 1. Why does Benitez play defensively when he's up only a single goal? why does he pull of Captain Fantastic?(ever!?) Why does Robbie Keane not play? Why does Lucas? These are all questions I'd love to have answered. Don, I expect some hilariaty to ensue from you.. Jason? Aldukes? anybody?
I've wondered if Rafa has what it takes to win a league title. Too often they start out well and has them in a position to make a run, but then blows it. They clearly have enough talent to win, the champions league success has proven that, but I don't know if Rafa knows how to manage the talent properly over the entire season. He seams to struggle to find ways to beat the lesser clubs. If you want to win the title, you just can't keep giving those points away.

I have no idea why the puts out some of the lineups he does. Lucas will probably be a very good football someday, but Keane is a good footballer now. (Maybe you should try adding and dropping him from your fantasy team, that seemed to work well in the past). The fairly consistent lineup he used from Aug to Nov seemed to be working rather well. It seems like every week now, I have now idea on who he will be putting out there. It seems like now that everyone is healthy, he decides its time to keep shaking everything up.

This season is definitely not over, not by a long shot, but Liverpool is going to start getting some W's on a consistent basis again, or it will be over for them very quickly.
Jdbwolverines is offline   Reply With Quote