Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #21
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hemingway Signature Sweetened tip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaMkcK View Post
Wait wait wait.. You licked the whole stick, had your wife taste it.. Didn't smoke it.. And THEN on top of it, threw it out? LOL
Not exactly, I licked the whole stick, let my wife taste it, thought "this is very odd", lit it, smoked an inch or two, thought about chapstick, and then threw it out.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
omowasu
Fell ROTT

First Name: Scott II
JL
omowasu has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
Not exactly, I licked the whole stick, let my wife taste it, thought "this is very odd", lit it, smoked an inch or two, thought about chapstick, and then threw it out.
At least it didnt taste like a$$....
Old 01-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #23
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
So you are familiar with that specific B&M's terms of agreement with their CC processor as to know what their contractual minimum charge is to not have to pay a fee?

I'm also curious where the assertion that the cigar was placed back in the box came from?
It's simple. If it's a $10 min., ring it up as a $10 sale. No need in the B&M being a hard ass over .20. As far as him laying down the stick, what do YOU think happened to it? There's a good many B&M's I know would've plopped it back in the box. Maybe all the B&M's you've dealt with have more class than the one's I've seen.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #24
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaMkcK View Post
Wait wait wait.. You licked the whole stick, had your wife taste it.. Didn't smoke it.. And THEN on top of it, threw it out? LOL
Exactly. I would've smoked that baby up. I have nothing but love for the Hemingway sticks. But, I've never encountered one that tasted like it was sweetened.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #25
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I have experienced this as well. Only on the signatures though. ShortStorys do not have the sweetness.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #26
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
It's simple. If it's a $10 min., ring it up as a $10 sale. No need in the B&M being a hard ass over .20.
While I do agree with you, this does not address the question, nor does it explain how you came to the authoritative knowledge of what that particular B&M's credit card agreement is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
As far as him laying down the stick, what do YOU think happened to it? There's a good many B&M's I know would've plopped it back in the box. Maybe all the B&M's you've dealt with have more class than the one's I've seen.
What I think is that you're simply making blind assertions and painting with a very broad brush.

Could it have happened? Sure. Did it? I dunno, I wasn't there.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #27
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Well the first time I went in there the guy did tell me to never buy cigars online because the manufacturers make special crappy cigars to sell online and the B&M ones are the only good ones. He said it's why Gurkha is so cheap online.

So yeah...
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #28
bighairlogo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (34)
RA
bighairlogo will become famous soon enoughbighairlogo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
While I do agree with you, this does not address the question, nor does it explain how you came to the authoritative knowledge of what that particular B&M's credit card agreement is.

What I think is that you're simply making blind assertions and painting with a very broad brush.

you should change your avatar to a wet blanket

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
bighairlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #29
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighairlogo View Post
you should change your avatar to a wet blanket
Sorry I exposed some people's logical fallacies. Would you settle for the CUT? I'm kind of attached to Lump, the no-legged dog...
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #30
cmitch
Heads up get down

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G.

Quote:
Sorry I exposed some people's logical fallacies. Would you settle for the CUT? I'm kind of attached to Lump, the no-legged dog...
Or maybe just nit picking, waiting to jump on someone at any given minute for no good reason. I'm at a loss why you feel you need to be so cross over a simple observation by myself that the clerk could've solved the problem with a simple solution instead of pissing off the customer.

In either of your quieries, it makes no difference about what cc policies are when customer service is involved. Too many times people can't look past the rules for a reasonable solution to serve the customer. It's ridiculous or the story would've never made it here to begin with.

So calling my logic a fallacy when I posit that the B&M was out of line in this instance is puzzling when it would appear the author of the story observed these 2 things take place leaving the question hanging as to whether the B&M sucked it up and took the loss by tossing the stick or plopping it back in stock. Making a big deal over .20 would cause any reasonable thinking observer to see it was more than just a reasonable chance they did just that.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #31
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Lets get this thread back on topic.
If you guys want to discuss logical fallacies, wet blankets, nitpicking or $0.20, do so via PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #32
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

Back on topic!

"Loch Ness Monster, I ain’t gonna give you no tree fiddy!”

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote