Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #21
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Lancero?

Definatly try the Oliva V, really great smoke. Reminds me of a huge cigarette when I'm smoking it... just kinda weird but enjoyable.

aj
RightAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #22
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

I assume I can throw in some Cuban choices too?

For non-cuban, the Tatjuate (sp) lancero as well the Flor de Nicaragua Lancero were both treats. Davidoff Lancero No. 1 I think is a fine smoke.

For Cuban cigars, the obvious would be the Cohiba Lancero, followed Trinidad, or La Gloria Cubana. Montecristo has a great too.

I think in general, if anyone makes a lancero, they are normally good. It's made to suit a specific smoker and the thin gauge leaves no room for crappy tobacco or poor rolling.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #23
acarr
Have My Own Room

Trading: (34)
acarr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrayvalentin View Post
Thanks for all the recommendations. After considering all the suggestions I picked up an Alec Bradley Tempus at a local b&m. It was one of only three lanceros I could locate here at any b&m. I really enjoyed it and decided to try more.

I decided to wait on the Magnificent Sevens Sampler to show up again on cigarmonster so I could get a nice selection without investing too much money. I've watched cigarmonster closely for a while now and I haven't seen it offered once.

Does anyone know of a good deal being offered anywhere else on a lancero sampler? The regular price for the Magnificent Sevens from famous is more than I want to spend.
http://fullerspullers.us/catalog/adv...760e96&x=0&y=0

There are two lancero samplers you might want to take a look at.
acarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #24
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFanLarry View Post
Add the Viaje Platino Lancero to your list, I think it is a damn fine fuller bodied smoke.
IMO I wouldn't say this is a full bodied at all, more medium than anything, but AWESOME lancero. I just had a LFD double ligero lancero today. I would say that lanceros are one of my favorite vitolas.

Try the LFD double ligero lancero if you enjoy the stick that is more on the fuller side. The El Triunfador (sp) is another great stick, but more on medium scale.