Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #3921
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digs View Post
No dreaming needed,( just throw one in your trunk) I usually always have one of my AR's or AK's in my truck in nice padded tactile case and my pistol on me or in my center console.
This! Guess it depends on where you live though.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #3922
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

depends on local regulations. Ohio was HORRIBLE with guns in cars. A loaded magazine constitutes a LOADED GUN in ohio. yeah, that means a loaded mag in your trunk was illegal. and other horrible nuances. they JUST fixed this, should go into effect in a couple of months.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #3923
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
This! Guess it depends on where you live though.
Here in Pa I some time forget how we'll we have it.

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #3924
big pete
Going to the darkside....

PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Went gun shopping with my friend (for him, he bought a M&P 9mm) and I got my eye on a M&P 15-22. Decent gun and super cheap to shoot
Old 01-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #3925
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Same here bro
Old 01-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #3926
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by big pete View Post
Went gun shopping with my friend (for him, he bought a M&P 9mm) and I got my eye on a M&P 15-22. Decent gun and super cheap to shoot
I've seen a couple of them popping back into stock here and there....
Mine should come in end of next week. I've got a slidefire waiting for it, should be a blast
Old 01-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #3927
big pete

PL

They were available at most of the stores I went to today. The prices ranged from $490-550.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #3928
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
They were available at most of the stores I went to today. The prices ranged from $490-550.
For the .22? Fun plinker for sure.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #3929
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
No dreaming needed,( just throw one in your trunk) I usually always have one of my AR's or AK's in my truck in nice padded tactile case and my pistol on me or in my center console.
This.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:59 AM   #3930
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Just picked this up yesterday, should be a great all around gun for birds and on the clay range.
Browning White Lightning 12 gauge with 28 inch barrels.
Going to break it in this morning

Old 01-06-2013, 04:26 AM   #3931
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Purdy!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #3932
Bondo 287
Runaway Train

First Name: Mikael
Cohiba
Bondo 287 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Same here bro
Agreed !

In case you missed yesterday's gun show covered on the news this A.M. They interviewed vendors who said they did "a year's worth of sales in one month".

Biggest seller ? "military style semi auto" like the Bushmaster and A.R.15, and capacity clips.

When asked about the rise in prices, a very common, (and realistic) reply:
"No we aren't price gouging because of recent events. It's the manufacturers. They have stopped making them ! When they are gone, they are gone. That's the issue. "
Old 01-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #3933
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondo 287 View Post
When asked about the rise in prices, a very common, (and realistic) reply: "No we aren't price gouging because of recent events. It's the manufacturers. They have stopped making them ! When they are gone, they are gone. That's the issue.
man, I'm raising the flag on that one. Those manufacturers may not be shipping many out to the venders (cuz EVERYONE wants em), but you can be damned certain they'll keep making em right up until the last second!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:17 AM   #3934
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
man, I'm raising the flag on that one. Those manufacturers may not be shipping many out to the venders (cuz EVERYONE wants em), but you can be damned certain they'll keep making em right up until the last second!
Yeh this. They're still making them, the supply line between dealer and manufacturer is just depleted right now
Old 01-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #3935
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

The shop I was in sold 300 AR type guns last week, they had to hire Four more sales people.
Also said they sold a truck load of 223, heck when I was at the counter a guy bought 45 boxes 9mm
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #3936
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Guess this is one way to jump start the economy, start a gun control debate.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #3937
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Yeh this. They're still making them, the supply line between dealer and manufacturer is just depleted right now
I will remember which scum bag dealers ( and 99% of them are, for years I have commented on how every every scam artist own gun shop) pushed prices 100% over retail. Once the idiot panic buyers leave the market these dealers will have to go back to facing there regulars, and I hope the regulars take there money else were.

If you think about these guys are benefiting from extreme volumes which should make them happy as a pig in slop, but yet they feel the need to double prices.

All the manufactures are running balls to the walls and yet the dealers push blame to them.... I have even heard of numerous complaints were the dealers are even removing the 3 mags out of the box provided by Glock in the gen 4's!!! Another buddy of mine had a Colt AR shipped to dealer and after happily looking over his new rig he noticed the 2 mags were missing that it shipped with. He even contacted the seller who right away told him the were in the case when it shipped......

Sorry guys rant over

Old 01-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #3938
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Pete I wouldn't consider the Sig 522, it's a better fire arm constructed like its big brother the 556. It also uses the industry standard black dog mags. I had the M&P 15-22 back when they came out and below $400, my sig 522 is twice the rifle.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #3939
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Hey Remo, I said 10.5" but I might go with 11.5". We'll see which barrel is easier to find when it's time to build her. I'll type my Form 1 up at work Tuesday night and when I get paid on the 18th I'll mail it all in
Old 01-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #3940
big pete

PL

Quote:
Pete I wouldn't consider the Sig 522, it's a better fire arm constructed like its big brother the 556. It also uses the industry standard black dog mags. I had the M&P 15-22 back when they came out and below $400, my sig 522 is twice the rifle.
One of the shops I went to had the sig but I didnt check the price. I'll definately look into it when I'm ready to buy one
Closed Thread