Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #3861
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Photography Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #3862
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Old 06-14-2014, 05:30 AM   #3863
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
that and the fact that most of the shops long ago realized that people were back on those old lenses.
They went from 'can't hardly give em away' to 'back in stride again' overnight. I think I got in before the
second wave when the prices went up again. And I think if film was still big, the old shops could have
made it. They lose a lot of new sales to online, but service on an item like that is still important, and I mean
both kinds, camera and customer.

I couldn't wait to get my hands on my first D200 so I could use the oldies, frankly the only ones I could afford.
I ended up buying 4 D200s and except for the 5th one I just bought, lol, they are ALL GONE. They might suck at night,
but that is one versatile camera. Nowadays there are at least 5 enthusiast Nikons that will mount and meter with
the old glass. But without those lenses in 24, 50, 85 and 105, I am shot. Boy do I love my old primes.

I just noticed a hole in the wall place within walking distance of my house! AND, they buy used gear, so it stands to reason that they sell used gear, too...I have to go check them out.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:46 AM   #3864
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Not the oldest, but surely the most beautiful cemetery in NOLA, Lafayette Cemetery in the Garden District Uptown.
Right next to Commander's Palace restaurant. On this trip though, I entered from the upriver end closer to the
condo I was visiting where my mother was staying for a week. Neat place, well worth a visit. One thing is for sure,
if you are at THIS CEMETERY, you are exploring New Orleans the right way. You gots to get off Bourbon Street to
get the best feel for the town.

The lighting on this one was perfect.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #3865
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Wow, thanks, Ron.....I also have to thank you for shooting my favorite thing in the world, Hot Women.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #3866
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Late 1940's vintage Cadillac convertible
Old 06-15-2014, 05:34 AM   #3867
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

1963 Mustang concept:

Old 06-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #3868
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #3869
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

Old 06-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #3870
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Where's Mitch Ryder, Ron??

GIANT weekend of shooting for me, and on Sunday I rested. I am never out as late as I was Friday,
and I did the same thing Saturday. In olden tymes I could GO til 2-3 in the morning, but now midnight
is like "WHAT?" But I just kept having things pop up that I felt I needed to shoot. First was a tribute
show for Memphis Minnie's birthday, and here are two from that show. My friend and fellow New Orleanian
Tracey Cayolle playing with Memphis Bluesman Zeke Johnson and one of Zeke playing as a solo shot.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #3871
OLS
Suck It

My friend Pete Wood likes him some Havanas.....

Old 06-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #3872
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
1963 Mustang concept:

Old 06-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #3873
OLS
Suck It

My buddies up in NYC doing me another solid and shipping me a used 50mm f/1.8 lens in a padded envelope!

Classy!

I will admit, I should have sensed something when shipping was 50 cents. This is the second time in
a month they have done this. When you order several lenses, you get a box. Maybe they are trying
to tell me something. I mean the USPS would never crush a LENS, right? They know its really important
to me. And besides...its a TUFFGARD 2 envelope....it makes TUFFGARD 1 look like TUFFGUARD!

Old 06-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #3874
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

I wonder if Helen will rediscover her love of cigars...

Old 06-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #3875
OLS
Suck It

I am guessing not. I will never use the word in here again. It is like a silent dog whistle.
But I would not be a bit surprised. There doesn't appear to be any discernible "worse for
wear and tear"-ness in either one that came like that. But GEEZ. I like having a spare
50mm f/1.8...gives me comfort. Anytime I get a decent price waved in front of me, I seem
to pick em up so that I have one or two in case a person buying a camera needs something
with a bit more balls. But now I am down to a D70s and a D200. THERE IS a D90 there that
has a burnt flash. But I never use the flash, so the price was pretty tempting...($150).
But no sense in getting all that started again with all my spares nearly sold.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #3876
OLS
Suck It

A few trips ago, I saw the Superdome was lit for Mardi Gras in purple, green and gold. But when I went to shoot, it was
PINK for Breast Cancer Awareness. The last trip I made, I was about to cross the river to Algiers to shoot the city from
a new angle and I saw it was alternating between 5-6 different patterns. So I whipped it across 5 lanes of traffic,
not such a bad deal at 2:30 am, and got down off I-10 to shoot it. This was my favorite pattern....

SHould be better focus, but it was hot as a bi+(h as you might expect, and my eyes were kind of salted over
for pulling the critical focus on this new (to me) Sigma 15-30mm Full frame wide angle lens.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:25 AM   #3877
OLS
Suck It

I went up to the Madison Hotel Rooftop to shoot a party last Thursday, went too early,
got too hot, took pictures for a group of people that could have cared less that I was
publicizing their fun, left accordingly. Got a shot or two up there, though.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:31 AM   #3878
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Awesome pictures Brad, didn't know the superdome could do all that fancy light stuff, I've only seen it during the day and it didn't have any cool designs..

love the second picture, enough going on that if you get tired of it you can just look to a different part of the shot
Old 06-24-2014, 07:25 AM   #3879
OLS
Suck It

Yeah, Ben, this was Memorial Day's display...

Old 06-24-2014, 07:31 AM   #3880
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

Very cool