Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 05-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #361
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: St Louis Cardinals Fans Sound Off!

Berkman out for the season. Sorry for your loss. As a Reds fan, it still kinda sucks b/c you always want to face the best competition. This one is gonna hurt the Cards.

Still, it's not over yet. Just look what you guys managed to do last year with a lot of holes in the roster.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #362
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

It does look like Lance Berkman is out, not only for the season. I really have to say he was one of the most important players last year that lead the Cards to #11, not only for his bat and glove but his presence on the team. The is no one that can fill those shoes.

Good news the losing streak was broken tonight. But I'm still asking myself why Garcia was left in after he was showing signs of struggling after the 7th. I will also say he is the only starter to routinely go 7 innings, who would have thought?
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:19 AM   #363
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Hell of a game last night, rally after rally but in the end a 6-0 deficit was a little much to come back on. I think Freeze tore the cover off the ball "The Natural" style on his home run. Something like 430+'? 2nd longest in new Busch history. But pitching has to get better and the umps strike zone can't be an excuse.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #364
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

Trading: (0)
HUpmann
qwerty1500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
Hell of a game last night, rally after rally but in the end a 6-0 deficit was a little much to come back on. I think Freeze tore the cover off the ball "The Natural" style on his home run. Something like 430+'? 2nd longest in new Busch history. But pitching has to get better and the umps strike zone can't be an excuse.
Missed the game. But I saw in the box score that Salas had his name in the ususal spot ... next to the L. Didn't look like Westbrook pitched much of a game either. Glad to see that the rest seemed to really help Freeze. Heard that Berkman had his knee surgery this morning.
qwerty1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #365
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1500 View Post
Missed the game. But I saw in the box score that Salas had his name in the ususal spot ... next to the L. Didn't look like Westbrook pitched much of a game either. Glad to see that the rest seemed to really help Freeze. Heard that Berkman had his knee surgery this morning.
Yeah, we need a miracle for Berkman!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #366
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Yeah, we need a miracle for Berkman!
And we MAY have gotten one. 8-10 weeks for Lance to return.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #367
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

HUpmann

Matt Adams caught my attention during Spring Training. He was tearing it up at AAA. Only 23 years old, with 29 at-bats in StLu, he's hitting .345 with 5 extra base hits. Is he ready for prime-time?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #368
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Congratulations to the Mets and Santana!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #369
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

HUpmann

First NoNo for the Cards since 1990. But, I was actually more disturbed by the 8 runs we gave up. I'm afraid the farm call-ups aren't going to fix the pitching problems.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #370
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty1500 View Post
First NoNo for the Cards since 1990. But, I was actually more disturbed by the 8 runs we gave up. I'm afraid the farm call-ups aren't going to fix the pitching problems.
Seems like the MLB has figured out the Cards pitching. It started off so great and now it's looking like a train wreck. The guys have the stuff but the wheels keep falling off. Things are not looking good with all the injuries, I mean if and when the main squad comes back are they going to play right? The way things are going AAA Memphis is going to be the 40 man roster
Old 06-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #371
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Seems like the MLB has figured out the Cards pitching. It started off so great and now it's looking like a train wreck. The guys have the stuff but the wheels keep falling off. Things are not looking good with all the injuries, I mean if and when the main squad comes back are they going to play right? The way things are going AAA Memphis is going to be the 40 man roster
How does the Cards farm system look at this point? Anybody they could offer as trade bait later in the season? I know Cincy pretty much gave up the whole farm to get Latos and Marshall in the offseason, so they're not going to make any big impact trade before the deadline.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #372
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

From what I understand Andy the system is very good and where several of the new roster players came from. Problem is that well is only so deep and I'm not sure how many more players there are.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #373
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
From what I understand Andy the system is very good and where several of the new roster players came from. Problem is that well is only so deep and I'm not sure how many more players there are.
You guys have had a lot of call-ups this season. No time like the present to prove themselves.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #374
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
You guys have had a lot of call-ups this season. No time like the present to prove themselves.
Yes they do. Matt Adams is playing 1st right now, at least he is there in physical form. With the errors he pulled last night I'm not sure where his mind is.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #375
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Yes they do. Matt Adams is playing 1st right now, at least he is there in physical form. With the errors he pulled last night I'm not sure where his mind is.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:44 AM   #376
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Lets get this out of the way first.. Cards Lose, Cards Lose, Cards Lose, Cards Lose.
But last night felt like the good old days, albeit against the Astros. I stopped watching after Greene struck out in the 7th and I should not have cause they opened it up! Lynn was already 10 strikeouts into the game and got another in the 8th. Allen Craig is playing exceptional well (must mean he is on the way to the DL, Lol) Freese had a GS and another 2 run homer. But it was the pitching that was the best part. Thank God that the farm system is deep and has produced the jewels like Lynn.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #377
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

HUpmann

Just heard that Garcia is going on the DL. May be time to get serious about a trade for some pitching.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #378
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

HUpmann

Glad to see Jay back in the lineup. He plays a wicked centerfield. And, for some odd reason, the whole team seems to play better when he's in there.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #379
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

Bolivar Navy (Active)

Very true, Jay was his normal self last night which was awesome! I watched the game and the Royals pitching really helped us. But having Jay and Matt Carpenter back really filled in those holes. The new guy Kelly was OK but he has consistency issues and I think once the batters figure him out there will be problems. A lot of the scoring hits were from bad fielding from the Royals outfield or very close balls that could have been fouls. Either way I hope the Cards get that feeling back and run with it!
Old 06-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #380
qwerty1500
Good thing I'm normal

HUpmann

My little 5 year old nephew live near KC but is a big Cards fan. He was going to the game today but was getting grief about wanting to wear his Cardinals stuff. Talked to him on the phone last night and told him he had my vote to wear his Holliday jersey. Hope he did and yelled real loud for each of Matt's 4 hits.