Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #221
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of
Default Re: iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!

Very cool to add the ring gauge tool Ken. Too bad it won't work on my ipod touch
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #222
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Very cool to add the ring gauge tool Ken. Too bad it won't work on my ipod touch
is there a way to get all the good stuff from this app to work with Ipod touch? I update mine every few days and it still looks the same as when I originally purchased this app.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:38 AM   #223
troutbreath
Feeling at Home

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
troutbreath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
is there a way to get all the good stuff from this app to work with Ipod touch? I update mine every few days and it still looks the same as when I originally purchased this app.

Why wouldn't it work for your ipod touch? You can update the software on your ipod to v3.0 for about $10. I should have all the same capabilities as the iphone, without the calls, of course.

If you are in the app window in itunes, click the "check updates" button at the bottom. That should put the latest changes on your ipod. You may have to update your software, as noted above, for some apps.
troutbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:08 AM   #224
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Awesome, Ken! Thanks so much for the update, especially the RG Tool!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:27 AM   #225
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Trading: (26)
Partagas
KenS has a spectacular aura aboutKenS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Everything in this app will work on the iPod Touch just the same as the iPhone, as long as you are running OS 3.0. I'm not using any special features of the phone.

Seems like the review process for apps is running about 2 weeks these days, so we still have to wait for Apple to post the new Mobile Stogie version. But you'll be notified automatically when it is available.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #226
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough

Great App

I just bought it and will begin adding my cigars.

( Just noticed that this is my first Post. I came from Club Stogie, but didn't care for Puff. )
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #227
troutbreath
Feeling at Home

Welcome!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #228
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aich75013 View Post
Great App

I just bought it and will begin adding my cigars.

( Just noticed that this is my first Post. I came from Club Stogie, but didn't care for Puff. )
Welcome...be sure to stop by the new inmate processing area and introduce yourself.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #229
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Great job Ken. Glad I updated to OS 3.0 and can't wait to use the new features.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #230
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank for the help guys...guess I'm updating to OS 3.0.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #231
Mirrorlure7m
Twitter: @Mirrorlure7m

First Name: Joel
Trading: (9)
Mirrorlure7m is on a distinguished road

KenS : when are you going to add the "update" function ? So all we will have to do is press the update button and it will connect to a server and will do all the updates as far as the database goes.
Mirrorlure7m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #232
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

Thought you guys and gals might enjoy this.
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #233
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher View Post
Thought you guys and gals might enjoy this.
whew! I was afraid I'd find Mobile Stogie on that list!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #234
GoldnGT
Hibbidy Jibbidy

First Name: Michael
Trading: (2)
PL
GoldnGT is on a distinguished road

I'm a new poster to CA, but have been trolling for a while, and couldn't resist posting to this thread.

I've been enjoying your app for a few weeks Ken. Great Stuff! I may have missed it while reading, but have you got a list of things you are adding to the next version? I've got a few things while messing around with it that I wish it did, and I didn't know if you wanted a PM, posted here, or emailed to you.. but of course you could already be working on those things so i didn't wanna waste your time w/o seeing a list =)

Thanks for creating the best cigar app for the iPhone =D
GoldnGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #235
troutbreath
Feeling at Home

You know what would be great, Ken (and I'm not sure if this is a "you" thing or an Apple thing) -- an export option. How great would it be to offload your Mobile Stogie data into Excel so you could email it, or print your inventory?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #236
aich75013
Feeling at Home

Montecristo

Maybe I am misssing something, but when I look at My Cigars I can see the Brand and Name of a cigar, but not the shape. Can that be added to what is seen when I look at My Cigars.
Currently I have been adding that in the name area, but it would be nice to see the shape there. I just started usin this so I may be looking at it wrong.

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:00 AM   #237
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aich75013 View Post
Maybe I am misssing something, but when I look at My Cigars I can see the Brand and Name of a cigar, but not the shape. Can that be added to what is seen when I look at My Cigars.
Currently I have been adding that in the name area, but it would be nice to see the shape there. I just started usin this so I may be looking at it wrong.

Thanks.
Yep, right now all of that information is in the reference section (shape, length, ring gauge, etc.). How much of the reference info is needed in the My Cigars section? I have toyed around with having a button to "flip" the screen to toggle between the My Cigars info and the Reference info. Would it be better to just list more of the info directly on that My Cigars detail page?

What do you guys think?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:03 AM   #238
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbreath View Post
You know what would be great, Ken (and I'm not sure if this is a "you" thing or an Apple thing) -- an export option. How great would it be to offload your Mobile Stogie data into Excel so you could email it, or print your inventory?
A direct 'export' thing not simple, as there are a lot of limitations in the filesystem that apple doesn't allow certain actions. Likewise, when emailing, I don't think they allow attachments. However, I could create a full table of inventory data in the body of an email message, which you could address to anybody (including yourself). Would that be useful?

By the way, you are on your own if you accidently email your inventory to your wife
Old 07-16-2009, 05:06 AM   #239
KenS
When do I get my meds?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldnGT View Post
I'm a new poster to CA, but have been trolling for a while, and couldn't resist posting to this thread.

I've been enjoying your app for a few weeks Ken. Great Stuff! I may have missed it while reading, but have you got a list of things you are adding to the next version? I've got a few things while messing around with it that I wish it did, and I didn't know if you wanted a PM, posted here, or emailed to you.. but of course you could already be working on those things so i didn't wanna waste your time w/o seeing a list =)

Thanks for creating the best cigar app for the iPhone =D
Best way to provide feedback is to email me at the address in the app. I keep all of the feedback organized in a 'wish list' of ideas people have provided, so can track better that way.

if you go back a page or two in this thread, you'll see the main updates that are coming with version 1.5.0 (still in review at apple at the moment). Hopefully that will post to the app store within a week or so.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #240
aich75013
Feeling at Home

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS View Post
Yep, right now all of that information is in the reference section (shape, length, ring gauge, etc.). How much of the reference info is needed in the My Cigars section? I have toyed around with having a button to "flip" the screen to toggle between the My Cigars info and the Reference info. Would it be better to just list more of the info directly on that My Cigars detail page?

What do you guys think?
I there are two cigars with the same brand and name won't they gt added together. If the shape was added they would be separate. This is why I was asking for shape. Not a big deal.
This is the only extra thing I think would be nice to see. Mainly to separate the sizes. I realize you are probably trying to keep the info displayed to a minimum for space real estate.