Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #2341
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

So I know that different cigars have different levels of nicotine but how can you tell which have more and which have less?

Sorry for all the questions but I figure I'm new and that's what this thread is for.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #2342
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba View Post
So I know that different cigars have different levels of nicotine but how can you tell which have more and which have less?

Sorry for all the questions but I figure I'm new and that's what this thread is for.
Mostly just by experience. Try them out and see, or talk to friends who have smoked them. Just remember each cigar and it's NIC will affect each smoker differently.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #2343
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
about 2 months ago I started going with a punch 90% of the time and I love it.

Same here....too funny.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #2344
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

Used a punch on three cigars over the weekend and it worked great. Smoked a Rocky Patel Decade and a RP vintage 99 on Friday and a RyJ Reserva Real on Saturday. Sunday is the day of rest
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
Old 03-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #2345
Remo
C.I.A

Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Same here....too funny.
Bromance!!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #2346
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Bromance!!
....and?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 03-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #2347
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ

So last week Steve (Dude Here) offered to send me a Vcut cutter since I was asking about different cutters. Being a nube I didn't think much about it until I got the package today. When I opened my mailbox a hand reached out of it and smacked me. The guys at the mail room were shocked. Then the hand gave me this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-3.jpg (39.5 KB, 362 views)
Old 03-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #2348
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ

Thanks a lot Steve you really know how to smack a guy into the fold.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #2349
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
So last week Steve (Dude Here) offered to send me a Vcut cutter since I was asking about different cutters. Being a nube I didn't think much about it until I got the package today. When I opened my mailbox a hand reached out of it and smacked me. The guys at the mail room were shocked. Then the hand gave me this.
This should get posted in the bombs section
Old 03-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #2350
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
....and?
That's all
Old 03-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #2351
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ

Quote:
This should get posted in the bombs section
Didn't think about that. Figured here was were it was discussed but I can not see the error my way and I will go and post it there also. Thanks for the lesson.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #2352
gravel
Still Washing My Back

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (3)
HdM
gravel will become famous soon enough

Some questions for ya'll:

1. I currently use matches or a pipe lighter to light my cigars. These work great in the garage, but less than stellar in the great outdoors. What lighters do you recommend and what should I look for in a butane lighter?

2. This one might be better as it's own thread. What are the origins of the groups I see around here? (Zombies, Mafia, others?)
gravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #2353
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel View Post

1. I currently use matches or a pipe lighter to light my cigars. These work great in the garage, but less than stellar in the great outdoors. What lighters do you recommend and what should I look for in a butane lighter?
I've been using these lighters for years. Under $3 delivered. http://www.dx.com/p/compact-1300-c-b...9#.UzTdWqKROSo
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:35 PM   #2354
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:

2. This one might be better as it's own thread. What are the origins of the groups I see around here? (Zombies, Mafia, others?)
You can get Ronson Jetlite for under $5.

They are cigar groups, usually from the same area…Lone Star Mafia (Texas) Zombies are from everywhere, SOB (Southern Ontario Bombers) FCC (Florida Cigar Crew) VCM (Virginia Cigar Militia) Etc...
Old 03-27-2014, 08:37 PM   #2355
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

Quote:
You can get Ronson Jetlite for under $5.
$3.47 at Wally World.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #2356
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about

+1 on Ronson Letlite, I have 2, one of which I've had for almost 2 1/2 years and have never had a problem with!
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:48 PM   #2357
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

RyJ

This has been bothering me for a while and I have looked all over trying to figure out the answer. What do the little O's represent under the amount of times you have traded?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:23 PM   #2358
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
This has been bothering me for a while and I have looked all over trying to figure out the answer. What do the little O's represent under the amount of times you have traded?
"Smoke rings" they are essentially a bar graph of what the system calls reputation points. You can give +/- reputation on someone's post by clicking on the picture of the scale (to the left of the report post icon). When you get enough positive points, you get another ring. You can also disable the display of rep points from your user options, when this is done, you'll see a black square there rather than the rings.

They really don't mean anything. Anyone can give +/- rep on any post for any reason, so in reality, it's just a way of private messaging for a specific post.

You can see your rep points by clicking on the "User CP" link in the top bar.

I just "bumped" (gave positive rep) to your post so that can see what I'm talking about when you look in your CP.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 PM   #2359
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
I've been using these lighters for years. Under $3 delivered. http://www.dx.com/p/compact-1300-c-b...9#.UzTdWqKROSo
+1 for these lighters, I've personally had much better luck with them than I have with the Ronsons.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #2360
Dude Here
I'm the Dude...Man!

First Name: Steve
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
Dude Here will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Haven't seen anyone mention them yet but, the Jetline super torch has been working well for me. Triple torch power, large visible fuel tank and it lights up everytime. A little pricier than the Ronsons but I think it's been worth it.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/l...e-super-torch/