Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #2141
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

I've got 500 rounds of 147 gr. .308 shells that I'd like to get rid of... drop me a PM if you're interested. I will ship.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #2142
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Erick
Trading: (38)
RA
MiamiE will become famous soon enoughMiamiE will become famous soon enough

The thought of that hurts my shoulder.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #2143
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE View Post
The thought of that hurts my shoulder.
Nah, the .308 isn't bad. It's the .470 Nitro Express that will kill your shoulder and your wallet!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #2144
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Guys, I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on buying my first 1911 handgun. I have researched and think I am pretty close to identifying what I need. I want a Colt 1911, although I'm a bit unsure still about the exact model. I've read every thread here possible and in magazines, on the 1911 forum, etc. I may have actually read too much as it gets confusing after awhile. Anyway, my first 1911 I want to be a Colt. My question to this group is do you all have any recommendations on how to buy one? Since they seem to be so very hard to find, at least a new in the box full size model, which is what I want. Is ordering from a local gun dealer my only option and then waiting? Any thoughts on the current market and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve
Old 04-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #2145
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

You can always buy one online and have them ship it to a local FFL, the local FFL will charge a small fee for the service but it may save you some money if you can find a good deal online.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #2146
Remo
C.I.A

Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

The FFL will also do the background check which will add a little more money.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #2147
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

As far as which one to get.... really depends on what you want it for. Target? Conceal? Who cares? I ask only for the purpose of frame size differences. I recently bought a Colt 1911 Lightweight New Agent Model 90 which is, IMO, great for carry but not great for target shooting. Only having a trench site makes target shooting past a certain yardage not so great.

I've used gunbroker.com for a few firearms and once for something else that I was not satified with in the end.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #2148
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Both good advice for you Stevez. Check out http://www.gunsamerica.com too.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #2149
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the advice guys. I really want it for enough target shooting to get good at it and limited conceal carry. I'm a big guy and not too worried about the size/weight. Thanks for the info on the lightweight models as I hadn't thought of that. I am leaning towards the Gold Cup but haven't done a great deal of searching the internet but it seems when I do everything Colt is out of stock. I was expecting a very hard time finding a reputable on-line dealer that had some decent inventory to choose from. I'll try the website and thanks for the one to stay away from. I've visited them before! Steve
Old 04-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #2150
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. I really want it for enough target shooting to get good at it and limited conceal carry. I'm a big guy and not too worried about the size/weight. Thanks for the info on the lightweight models as I hadn't thought of that. I am leaning towards the Gold Cup but haven't done a great deal of searching the internet but it seems when I do everything Colt is out of stock. I was expecting a very hard time finding a reputable on-line dealer that had some decent inventory to choose from. I'll try the website and thanks for the one to stay away from. I've visited them before! Steve
There are no "online dealers" per se. On GunsAmerica local gun shops post individual pistols/rifles for sale, or new in the box models at a set price. You use their "Find an FFL" tool to find a local dealer, many of which list their cost right on the site. You make arrangements with them to receive the firearm. Next you contact the seller, arrange for payment and give them the info of your FFL. After that all you have to do is pay the seller and pick up your gun from the local FFL once it come in. Local ordinances might require purchase permits and whatnot, but that varies of course.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #2151
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

I got an awesome deal on a new AR-15 yesterday!

Will take some photos soon.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #2152
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Try and not pay more than $20 for a transfer man. Down here theres some shops doing transfers for $50+, which is ridiculous. Others, like the one I use, do the transfers for $15 + $5 background. Although if I have my CWP shouldnt the background be waived...?
Old 04-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #2153
MiamiE
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Check out www.cdnninvestments.com CHEAPEST prices anywhere. This is mainly who I use. $17 shipping usually.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #2154
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough

Old 04-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #2155
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

Finally got my CPL!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #2156
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

If there's no FIRE, does it still count? I have been plinking squirrels out of my upstairs window for 4 years with
a little Crossman pump pellet gun. Killed ONE squirrel, one starling, and scared dozens more with 100's of rounds
expended and thousands of pumps. It was something to do and it kept the pecans ON the tree and the dog food
IN the bowls.

Yesterday got a Beeman 1073 break-barrel pellet gun and in two hours this morning nailed 6 Starlings.
I guess it's all about the accuracy, lol. When I would miss, the dog bowl would go DONGGGG!!! Really loud.
Ironically some of my kills seem to have been riccochets 1/2 inch below the bird right at the bowl rim and
I got the DONNNG and the kill.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:25 AM   #2157
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

New to me w/less than 200 rounds through it. Think I got a pretty good deal @ $1300 with everything pictured?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:33 AM   #2158
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

1300 including an EOTech? Yeah, I would say that doesn't suck, Hal. Go get some rounds through it, have a blast!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #2159
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
1300 including an EOTech? Yeah, I would say that doesn't suck, Hal. Go get some rounds through it, have a blast!
I figured it was. Looking forward to shooting it.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #2160
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

the eotech alone is 550 bucks so yea pretty good deal.