Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 09-18-2017, 10:00 AM   #21
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is just really nicestearns is just really nicestearns is just really nicestearns is just really nicestearns is just really nice
Default Re: Lacto-Fermentation

hmm, haven't been on facebook in a while but it might be worth logging in to get some ideas, I'm sure there are a ton of groups out there experimenting. When I bought some glass weights on amazon it came with a "free membership" to some sort of fermentation club/message board, gotta check that out as well
Old 09-18-2017, 10:12 AM   #22
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (34)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Saw a woman doing this in the mall, some people were outraged, but cooking is cooking.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #23
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is just really nicestearns is just really nicestearns is just really nicestearns is just really nicestearns is just really nice

Gave the jars a check today, the initial three show no signs of continued fermentation, I gave them a stir anyways and put them back to sit. The more recent hatch chili one still has a little bit of activity but it's getting to the end

A couple weeks ago I broke down the barrel I bought, and took a few staves to lightly sand and cut into 5-6" pieces. I put two of these in the jar fermenting the hot sauce, gonna let those sit for a few months to really let it mingle. Side note, when I was cutting the staves it smelled like delicious beer, it made me thirsty