Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 01-30-2009, 02:30 AM   #541
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Official Soccer/Football/Futbol/Calcio thr

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone View Post
Don, I expect some hilariaty to ensue from you.. Jason? Aldukes? anybody?
I don't know why Boone, but I don't mind the way things are going now To be honest, I don't dislike Liverpool as much as it may seem, I just love to bust some balls and I do love Man U.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:38 PM   #542
theycallmedan'lboone

DonDon, I'm certain you don't hate the open road ahead of you, now that doe-eyed-cryboy-berbatov has decided to start scoring, it might get interesting... maybe if his former parndner were given the option to play more than 12 minutes here and there.. I honestly don't despise manU as much as I seem to, but alas there aren't many Chelsea fanboys around. Them I don't like.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:30 AM   #543
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Chelski is probably the team that I dislike most in the Premier League.

Inter used to be that team in the Serie A, but then they bought 2 of my favorite (ex Ajax) players, so they won a bit of sympathy. But as soon as Chivu and Zlatan leave Inter they will be my least favorite again
Old 02-01-2009, 06:57 AM   #544
theycallmedan'lboone

such a fair weather fan. I think that Robbie Keane is on his way back to spurs, as he has been left off the squad for today... maybe babel will finally get some time up top? too bad I felt he was a good player... oh well. perhaps rafa da gaffa knows best... only problem is who does liverpool get in between now and monday? very frustrating. 20 Million to rent a player for 6 months and not hardly play him. (imho) I understand he wasn't exactly nando torres, I don't think the comparisons to Rush/Dalglish helped either.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #545
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

today I support Liverpool, how about that Boone?
Old 02-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #546
Bubba - NJ
Deep Cherry Finish

First Name: Rolf
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Bubba - NJ is on a distinguished road

I've just recently gotten into the Premier league and football you play with your feet and not hands . I've always watched the international competitions and was quite honestly missing the sport after last years Euro Cup . I've been driving my wife nuts since finding Gol tv and the Fox soccer channel . From Bundesliga I've enjoyed watching Bayern Munchen since I'm familiar with some of the players and Stuttgart also . The FA cup has been pretty entertaining with some of the smaller clubs and their 6,000 seat venues . Today I watched Liverpool beat Chelsea , Lampard should not have been tossed , but it was good to see Torres break through twice at the end . I can't say I'm partial to any one squad in the Premier League yet , just a fan of the game and its Passion . It would be nice to catch a game between Celtic and the Rangers as my niece now lives in Scotland and has a boyfriend there who is a Celtic fan . He has told some bits and pieces about what it's like to attend that fierce rivalry . Next time there is a friendly played in Philadelphia I'm going to get tickets to experience the event .
Bubba - NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #547
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Celtic is great, I have good memories about the time they played Ajax. Ok, not such great memories about the result thought, but they brought a massive amount of supporters abroad, over 10,000 of which only 8,000 had tickets. The atmosphere in the stadium was fantastic, those Celtic boyz can sing. And the party before the game was great too, Ajax & Celtic supporters walking, singing and drinking side by side without any violence or riots.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #548
theycallmedan'lboone

Bubba! glad to have you! I agree Lamps shouldn't have been sent off.. but mike riley was RIGHT there. SO he must have had some reason. however, bosingwa should have been SENT packing. He'll get an FA charge. Obviously you should be a liverpool fan, especially if you like the passion. it's what the reds do. passion. What did you think about Steven Gerrard's diving yellow? looked like his foot slipped to me.. but ok.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #549
Jason
the thing under the thing

Bolivar
Jason will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Steven Gerrard's diving yellow? looked like his foot slipped to me.. but ok.
Are you serious here? Hard to tell in plain text.

The ref was a total Joke, Bosingwa, Gerrard and Alonso should have been sent off, Lampard not... total reverse. He sent Lampard off for thinking he saw the same thing he gave Alonso a yellow for earlier. He is a weak ref.

In other news Inter looks plain as they tie 18th Torino and Milan don't look as old as they are after completely dominating and schooling the fascist blue side of Rome today. Rossoneri for the scudetto?

Welcome to the feetball BUBBA!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #550
aldukes
Mr. Me Too

Trading: (3)
aldukes is on a distinguished road

Bosingwa is my new fav player.
aldukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 AM   #551
Mr.Italy
Just in

Trading: (1)
Mr.Italy is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, I just wonder if you saw my post on European Champions League

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9296

No interest at all?
Mr.Italy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #552
theycallmedan'lboone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Are you serious here? Hard to tell in plain text.

The ref was a total Joke, Bosingwa, Gerrard and Alonso should have been sent off, Lampard not... total reverse. He sent Lampard off for thinking he saw the same thing he gave Alonso a yellow for earlier. He is a weak ref.

In other news Inter looks plain as they tie 18th Torino and Milan don't look as old as they are after completely dominating and schooling the fascist blue side of Rome today. Rossoneri for the scudetto?

Welcome to the feetball BUBBA!

no gerrard dove, fell, slipped on a nanner peel... but I honestly can say thats the first time I've seen someone carded for diving in the EPL. ever. anyways. I'm not sure how you can say Gerrard should have been sent off, nor alonso. Alonso did hit Lampards foot, but lumps was playing in a dangerous manner.. (studs high) worse case scenario a yellow for both. From Riley's perspective (behind lamps) all he could see was his foot 10 inches off the ground. But the bosingwa thing? really? seriously? wow. Riley didn't have control of that game, but not a surprise.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #553
theycallmedan'lboone

Mr Italy. I didn't really understand your contest. I for one am certainly in for a Champions league pool. Perhaps you could explain it better? here?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #554
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
no gerrard dove, fell, slipped on a nanner peel... but I honestly can say thats the first time I've seen someone carded for diving in the EPL. ever. anyways. I'm not sure how you can say Gerrard should have been sent off, nor alonso. Alonso did hit Lampards foot, but lumps was playing in a dangerous manner.. (studs high) worse case scenario a yellow for both. From Riley's perspective (behind lamps) all he could see was his foot 10 inches off the ground. But the bosingwa thing? really? seriously? wow. Riley didn't have control of that game, but not a surprise.
I watched the game.

I am in the minority when I agree with the Lampard send off. Lampard did come in with studs up just above the ankle. Easy to break someone's leg and possibly end a career. I think officials need to crack down harder on this sort of play.

Gerrard went down way to easily. Has he been watching C. Ronaldo?
I believe referees need to crack down harder on this behavior as well. It ruins the game. It's getting extremely difficult for referees to do a proper job without players deliberately trying to cheat.

Can someone clue me in on the Boswinga incident? I don't recall what you are referring to.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #555
Jason

Bolivar

Quote:
no gerrard dove, fell, slipped on a nanner peel... but I honestly can say thats the first time I've seen someone carded for diving in the EPL. ever.
Gerrard's just got lucky I guess.

Quote:
I'm not sure how you can say Gerrard should have been sent off, nor alonso.
Yellow for diving and a red for hammering the ball into Bosingwa's jiggly bits from a foot away after the whistle had gone.

Alonso had the yellow for the studs-up straight-in and there was another obvious yello that should have been given him, I recall thinking it at the time but can't recall exactly what it was. I was glad to see him remain however, he's an outstanding player and a gentleman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
I am in the minority when I agree with the Lampard send off. Lampard did come in with studs up just above the ankle. Easy to break someone's leg and possibly end a career. I think officials need to crack down harder on this sort of play.
Quote:
Alonso did hit Lampards foot, but lumps was playing in a dangerous manner.. (studs high) worse case scenario a yellow for both.
As I understand the Laws of the Game there is only intent-to-injure or violent-conduct that are taken into account to determine if a red card is warranted in these types of situations?

As I understand the unwritten rules that refs seem to go by traditionally in the BPL, lately anyhow, it tends to change, there is consideration given to (1) studs-up (pointing at the opposition), (2) straightness of body and line behind the tackle (momentum and weight for max payload) and the (3) height of the challenge (on the opponent's body).

Laws-wise I don't think Lampard or Alonso should have been tossed, they were both honest attempts at the ball. Unwritten rules-wise I think Alonso's was the more violent of the 2 due to the fact the he landed studs into the metatarsals with the straight locked body and angle of challenge behind it delivering large payload (I was suprised to see the Chelsea boy get up and continue). Lampard on the other hand was a sweeping motion (no locked straight body, knee was flexing) and his studs were not pointed at the opposing player. He was however higher than Alonso in the challenge but that's where the ball was, and he got it clean. Alonso actually swung at the ball, missed, and made the contact with Lampard! Rough justice. I'd have a hard time giving Lampard a yellow for that much less a red. To be honest however, it looked nasty in real time and I don't blame the ref too much, his angle on the incident made it look even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Can someone clue me in on the Boswinga incident? I don't recall what you are referring to.
Last few minutes Yossi took it to the corner flag to kill the clock and Bosingwa stuck his studs in the small of his back, pushing him out of bounds and the ball with him. Throw in to Chelsea Wasn't a kick to do damage but it was definitely a red card beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:18 AM   #556
theycallmedan'lboone

Old 02-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #557
aldukes
Mr. Me Too

Trading: (3)
aldukes is on a distinguished road

Attn: Boone

Subject: Proclamation

From this day forward all laughing will be changed from " hahahha" to "rafahahah".

That is all.
aldukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #558
Jason

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldukes View Post
Attn: Boone

Subject: Proclamation

From this day forward all laughing will be changed from " hahahha" to "rafahahah".

That is all.
RAFLMAO
Old 02-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #559
theycallmedan'lboone

*sigh* Keane is gone.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #560
Jason

Bolivar