Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-28-2015, 07:04 AM   #1
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sweet Leatherman Tool Jewelry

Nice idea, but that's huge money for a simple set of tools, regardless of how convenient it may be. It's also not clear to me how much use some of those bits are -- can you get enough torque to be useful?

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #2
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sweet Leatherman Tool Jewelry

I thought more about the company president's comment about how this all came out of the time he was told he couldn't take his skeletool into Disneyland because they classified it as a weapon, yet to him it was just a tool. You'd think that the CEO would be aware there is a 4" blade in the skeletool...

<insert obvious tool joke here>

How about just making a pocket tool that doesn't have a knife blade if you can't live without having a set of pliers and screw drivers on you at all times? Even Victorinox and Wenger, the two manufacturers of the "Swiss Army Knife" have models which have no knives in them as to be compliant with weapon restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
Nice idea, but that's huge money for a simple set of tools, regardless of how convenient it may be. It's also not clear to me how much use some of those bits are -- can you get enough torque to be useful?
Think about how a normal metal link watch band flattens out when you lay it on the counter with the watch face up or face down. Imagine the tool you want being located at one of the edges of the band where it rolls under, the whole rest of the band has now become a handle for leverage in rotating the tool. Clumsy, yes, but I would think it should be able to hold up to whatever minor use it will be used for. It's not like you're going to use it to pull the head bolts on a lawnmower or something.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote