Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
iaMkcK
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jarrett
Trading: (8)
HUpmann
iaMkcK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I went and flaked out

I have this vision of me being an old man, living in a woody area, in a house.. Sitting, clothed in a finely threaded robe, with years of use -- lazily rocking next to the fire place.. And a pipe hanging out of my mouth, puffing ever so often.

One day I shall get into pipes to fulfill this legacy that I've dreamt of since a child. Just gotta take the plunge down the slope. I'll courage up one day. One day...
iaMkcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaMkcK View Post
I have this vision of me being an old man, living in a woody area, in a house.. Sitting, clothed in a finely threaded robe, with years of use -- lazily rocking next to the fire place.. And a pipe hanging out of my mouth, puffing ever so often.

One day I shall get into pipes to fulfill this legacy that I've dreamt of since a child. Just gotta take the plunge down the slope. I'll courage up one day. One day...
You know, for the price of a Missouri Meerschaum Legend (corncob pipe), a bag of fluffy pipecleaners, a pouch of Carter Hall Burley (tried and true OTC tobacco) and an old golf tee or nail (pipe tamper/scraper in a pinch) you are in business smoking the real deal American classic for, uh, about $9.00.

A Missouri Meerschaum cob and Carter Hall (or Sir Walter Raleigh or Half&Half) make a stellar combination for novice or experienced pipesmokers. They cannot be beat in front of the fireplace, on a fishing trip, in the truck or on the back porch. A $200 briar pipe is NOT required to enjoy the sport.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
You know, for the price of a Missouri Meerschaum Legend (corncob pipe), a bag of fluffy pipecleaners, a pouch of Carter Hall Burley (tried and true OTC tobacco) and an old golf tee or nail (pipe tamper/scraper in a pinch) you are in business smoking the real deal American classic for, uh, about $9.00.

A Missouri Meerschaum cob and Carter Hall (or Sir Walter Raleigh or Half&Half) make a stellar combination for novice or experienced pipesmokers. They cannot be beat in front of the fireplace, on a fishing trip, in the truck or on the back porch. A $200 briar pipe is NOT required to enjoy the sport.
Thanks for the perspective.