Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
kzm007

Default Seriously thinking about buying a graphics tablet PC; a little help?

I would like to get one for college so I could just jot down my notes directly and then print them off, and not have to worry about copying fees or uploading them through something like a LiveScribe Pulse Pen which is also a great invention, but requires specialized notebook paper to capture the information.

Getting back on track, I would preferably like something that runs on Wacom digitizers/drivers, since they're quite reliable, but I would prefer to be able to see exactly what I'm writing and where; with the Wacom tablets, which I've owned, but ended up selling, you have to train your eye to stay on the monitor screen while your hand is moving on the graphics tablet.

So to summarize quickly, I would like to:
1) Be able to write directly on the screen, and I'm assuming I can then save these notes and print them off.

2) Have something running with Wacom or another decent-quality digitizer.

3) Buy a tablet that is Windows-based.

I'll fuss over prices later; for now, I'd just like to see what else someone else might be about to come up with for me, knowing more about these than myself.

Thanks folks -

Kegan