Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2009, 07:23 AM   #1
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default DPG My Father Le Bijou 1922, Petit Robusto

WOW.

I have had the regular My Father in a variety of vitola's and I had read good things about the Le Bijou. I saw the Churchill and the Petite Robusto, and picked up the PR.

It is a great looking cigar. A bit darker wrapper than the regular My Father. It has the most beautiful band(s) I have ever seen on a cigar.

So right off the bat I was expecting the "Pepin Spice blast" and got nothing. That wasn't bad, as it was a very good taste of leather and citrus. But hardly any of the traditional spice I have become accustomed to with Pepin products. The more I puffed the better it got. There was a twang that can only be explained as the 'cuban twang'. I was really impressed. No burn on the nose exhale and I kept thinking "whatever Pepin did to get this blend... KEEP IT" because if he was going for the cuban flavor, this cigar captures better than any of his other ones. (search the Pepin ho' thread and you will see I have smoked 30+ different marca's of his). The only real complaint I had about this cigar is without the spice factor it lost a bit of it's 'umph'. But for most looking for a cuban-like cigar... this is it!