Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
ahc4353

Default A Fortunate Man

Friday night, Halloween, not a huge fan. My wife calls me the Scrooge of the block. Me? No way.

Anyway, with two sons out of the house and one off to a Halloween hockey party it was me and the better half left alone. So I whip up some linguine in a white clam sauce for dinner as Alina handles the creatures at the door.

After a nice dinner with my favorite girl I ask if she would join me on the porch for a cigar. I poor her a glass of wine and poor myself a glass of Port (Alina hates port, that's OK, more for me). Now I grab a ERDM Lunch Club and head to the porch. Perfect night, clear, crisp with no wind. The last of the trick or treaters are now long gone. Just my lovely wife a great glass of port and one very nice cigar.

Sitting there I realized just how well I have it. Three great sons, a wonderful wife, a handful of close friends and the freedom to enjoy them all.

The Port and the cigar were just awesome. However I think what made them so great was the company. As I smoked that fantastic cigar and talked with Alina I remembered just how special a person she is. After so many years of having the boys around I think I lost my wife a little bit. Taken her for granted maybe? No way! Not me! Well maybe. I will work on correcting that, trust me.

Funny how time with a cigar on a clear crisp night helped me see just how fortunate a man I am.

Thank God for dried up weeds.