Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road
Default Pipe Smoking Newb Thoughts

I just started pipe smoking a few weeks ago. I started becoming interested in pipe smoking after finding my grandfathers old Pioneer Meerschaum pipe around a year ago. I waited to smoke it because I really had NO idea what I was doing- how to fill a bowl, how to smoke it, taping the tobacco, etc.

I jumped back on the wagon after deciding to purchase one of the "Cigar Asylum Club Pipes". Some of the brothers here have been very gracious to me and sent over some samples of tobacco to try out.

What has surprised me so far with pipe smoking is the following:

1. Just how relaxing it is- It is much easier to hold a pipe (either in my hand or in my mouth) compared to cigars. I can just sit outside, talk with friends, and smoke a pipe easily.

2. Ritual- I like the ritual and process of smoking a pipe- from picking the tobacco, smelling it, breaking-up the flakes, to packing the bowl and lighting the pipe.

3. Smell- At least with the tobacco I have tried so far, people love the smell. Many of my friends find it easier to be around me when I smoke a pipe compared to a cigar.

4. Taste- I really enjoy the taste of the pipe tobacco. The only downfall is that all of the tobacco I have tried so far seems to be far more mild compared to cigars I normally smoke. I am not sure why that would be- seems like tobacco would be the same.

Thank you guys so much for pushing me down this slope- I am having a blast and hope to do a free-fall!
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote