Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #31
mikeyj23
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (10)
HUpmann
mikeyj23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Does anyone hate Verizon Wireless like I do?

I got a replacement phone a few months ago due to a crack in the outer casing - it wasn't a warranty-type issue, and they didn't have this as a common problem on record, but they volunteered to send me a new one via 2-day. I received the phone and promptly forgot to send back my old one (in the pre-paid box/label). After a few weeks, I finally remembered and sent it back. Lo and behold, a $449.99 charge shows up on my Verizon bill. I called, explained the situation and the CS representative asked for the tracking number. Well I certainly didn't think to save that - I had just dropped the kit and kaboodle off at Pack and Ship and let them take care of it (for free, of course).

The Verizon guy on the phone told me he'd send the inquiry to the warehouse and have them try to find my returned phone. Three days later, I get a call from the same Verizon guy telling me they'd found the phone and deducted the amount from my bill. Easy peasy.

On the flip side, in my old house I didn't get Verizon service whatsoever. The house and neighborhood just seemed like a giant dead spot. I called repeatedly asking what the deal was, and nobody ever had an answer for me. The only solution I ever got with that one was - "well, do you want to get out of your contract?" No, no I don't. I just want service where I live.

Overall I've had pretty good experience with Verizon - both wireless and FiOS. They seem to resolve issues pretty quickly for me and want to find a solution. The only reason I'd change is for a cheaper plan elsewhere or an iPhone.
mikeyj23 is offline   Reply With Quote