Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default People never cease to amaze me

I have a neighbor three doors over whose name I don't even know.
Not too long ago, a bunch of my neighbors were having problems with the sprinklers primarily due to the lake being low.
They were all gathering around their pumps and talking about trying to fix them, with a couple of lawn guys unsuccessful at their attempts.
I am pretty good with PVC plumbing and sprinkler systems so I helped them diagnose the problem.
One neighbor in particular, the one I referenced when starting this story, needed a pump as his was totally shot.
I offered to guide him how to do it as a neighborly gesture.

I drew out a schematic and provided him with a list of the parts he needed, to include drawings for ease of locating them.
Yesterday morning, with two herniated discs acting up badly, I assisted him in changing his pump. Due to the man being a person with two left hands, turns out I did most of the cutting and gluing. He did the electrical with me guiding him. In between, I realized he was a part short and they had given him a wrong part to go along with that. Rather than sending him back and waste more time, I ran to Home Depot and got the parts myself. I spent $11 out my pocket for them and when I got back, I gave him the receipt for the expense.

We got done with the installation but couldn't prime the pump as the hose I had created for that was missing, thanks to one of those neighbors not returning it. I showed him how to make a hose to connect to the garden hose and the pump at the same time, since both have male threads at the end. I asked him if he had the receipt for the parts I bought (hint) and he said yeah.

Well, I walked away, with my back hurting more than when I started, having made a trip to Home Depot on my dime, having spent $11 for parts that he should have reimbursed me for, having saved him $200 for labor to change that pump out, all for a man whose name I don't know. Frankly, $11 is crap to me at the end of the day but man, that is some set of balls. When I see him this week, my balls are going to grow to the size of his and will ask him outright for my money.