Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2009, 05:39 AM   #1
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Advice needed - Daughter thinking about service

Turning to my brothers and sisters for some advice here. I am not very well versed about the military. My dad had a kidney disease and couldn't serve. My brother just missed the Vietnam draft. Other than back in WWII etc few in my family have served.

My daughter is a junior in college. She has really done well and is a semester ahead of schedule to graduate. She is majoring in International Studies and has always wanted to work for the government. Her dream job has always been at an embassy in Western Europe. She is a great kid, has never been a problem, works a job, goes to school full time... just a joy to have as a daughter.

About a month ago she calls and asks me what I think about her going into the service after she graduates. I told her I thought that would be a great idea and that I would be very proud of her.

She goes and talks to a recruiter and he kind of sells her on flying. She has terrible eyesight and I told her she needed to go back and talk to them about areas in intelligence.

She had a couple of hour meeting with a Marine recruiter last week and has some info on intelligence positions in the Marines. I told here she needs to talk to other branches as well.

I am so ignorant about this whole thing I can't even hold a conversation on it... I would like to offer some guidance but don't have the knowledge. I know some of you do... so help me here brothers and sisters.