Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
badbriar

Default Cigar Etiquette

This is not about how to smoke a cigar or respect for the cigar, but rather about smoking a cigar in public. As we all know, that can be dicey in our current anti-tobacco culture.
Last night, I went to watch the 4th fireworks with the wife and a couple of friends at our villa association area on the intercoastal. Been doing this for upwards of 8-10 years and put the beach chairs out around noon to get a front row seating on the water. Got there around 7:30 and fired up a cigar to go with the usual adult beverages. An old fart had put his chair out and was sat next to me with his wife. I looked to make small talk, but the fart was Rather abrupt, so I figured he was put off by the cigar, which was rarely drifting smoke his way. Remember that this is outside. The wife moved. A few women were talking and his wife said she was allergic to cigars. I offered to move and did so.
Now, what would all of you do, given that this was outside with no no-smoking signs?