Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2014, 06:33 AM   #1
Byaah
BYAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (2)
Army (Disabled Vet)
Byaah is on a distinguished road
Default Just got my 1st wineador!

I am going to build shelves out of spanish cedar (with the help of my R/M) and I have looked over TONS of pics on google of varying types of shevles.
I just wanted some feedback on what I could do with that much space, I am open to about anything really.

So far this is what I think I will do (not set in stone at all). That top gap will be fans and where I put my Kitty Litter, I will build a custom housing to hold the litter. There is a light already up there too.

Next I was thinking about every 2-3 notches making a new shelf. I don't know how many cigars I should stack on each other and I don't want to waste space.

The back wall will have some fans as well. The very bottom will be left for boxes only. I may build a pull out box as well down there, but it will still be for boxes.

As for the door, I was thinking about lining the inside frame with LED's to just make it look neat when I want it to.

I want the faces of my drawer (some of them, no less than 3) to have a small cut out in them to custom fit my hygrometers (that I still don't have any yet lol).

Now that's just a bunch of ideas I have thus far! I would love feedback from the more experienced crowd (as I have none!) to tell me things I may have missed or just about how much sauce I have on my face b/c my ideas were dumb :P

Last thing, before I buy all these supplies (which I assume wont be super cheap) I was going to buy or build "cheaper" shelves at 1st and wait 1-2 months before I dive head first into the spanish cedar stuff, just so I can make sure everything is good with my new wineador.

Also should note that it is a compressor model and not thermoelectric but I can't be super awesome just yet, I do know to watch out for massive RH drops ***if*** I keep it plugged in.

I found it on craigslist for 125$, I think I got a good deal, what do you all think?

edit: I am also in search of some "fluff" to fill this up. 2-5 dollar cigars, what is a good way of going about this? I just learned of cbid and have made some transactions but on my disability the money goes fast. So I would like to fill it up with more everyday stuff. I still have very limited experience with cigars but what I have found that I like is things with a nutty, cocoa, smooth flavors. Does not have to be all 3 at once and I am up for trying anything too!
Byaah is offline   Reply With Quote