Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #21
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

First Name: Cory
Location: Under a Bridge, trying to find the troll who stole my soul.
Trading: (20)
Montecristo Army (Active)
cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: CAMPING GEAR Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavanish View Post
Call me old fashioned but... leave the iphone at home or in the car. If you absolutely just have to take it with... theres a wonderful battery preservation option called the off.
I agree with this to a point. With all the apps out. There is a sever weather app. And I would have the local DNR number where ever I am. Your right, I would turn it off and enjoy the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robulous78 View Post
if I did find myself out on a longer hike, being able to use the a map app would be pretty useful...
Rob Rob rob. Do I need to teach you how to use a map and compass.

Now for my great. I have an old one may tent that I got when I was in Boy Scouts. No idea what the name is and if you can still get it.

Shoes/boots. I use my military issued boots. Bates. Once they are broken in they can last for a long time. I still wear mine from my Iraq 2007 deployment.

Fire. Well this is where I keep a lot of choices. I keep flint/steel, 9v bat and steel wool (goes up like a champ) a bag of dyer lint, and last but not least. A tampon soaked in lighter fuild. This is in case there is a shat storm.

Food, SPAM, freeze dried crap.

Knife. I carry a few. Let see a Bowie Knife (because you never know when you need to knife fight) and one of my random pocket knifes.

Sleeping bag. I use to use a Colman -10 below sleeping bag. Since I have joined the military I have "found" an extra military sleeping I use that. It has 3 layers top layer being water resistant cover (I like being dry).

I like to cook over the open fire with some small pots and pans

Last but not least a First Aid kit. Loaded with gaze, turnikits, and if can get the some Quickclot gaze. This is used to stop bleeding in extreme situations.

I hope this helps.

GMCGTPWHAF Tennessee Chapter. Down with the bloody BIG HEAD
cjhalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote