Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default 2012 O'Reilly National Indoor Kart Championships

Its that time of year again, time for me to shamelessly promote myself and offer you a free chance to watch
the world's largest indoor kart race. The information is HERE and that's
also the place to watch it live on Friday and Saturday nights after Thanksgiving.

This year, my boss, whom I refer to as Mr. Inch-mile, makes this webcast tougher on me every year. My first
year we webcast the race live. The next year we also offered a Pay per View option. The third year he added
a night of commentary on Thanksgiving night where he was able to blab on and on about the race and it's history
and the track and such. This year he is wanting to broadcast 8 straight nights. We only have racing Friday
and Saturday, but I know this weekend he is going to want to put on a show where experts talk about karting
and the race itself....for 6 straight nights. At least I get paid well.

But I highly recommend this webcast as a Thanksgiving boredom alleviator. There are usually some 800+ karters
who show up for this race, and they compete in a wide arrary of weight and motor and chassis classes,
from 7 years old to 60+ year old dudes. It is really something to see, and it's free. Obviously not everyone
who comes will make the feature races, which feature 20 kart limits. But this is a great facility for racing,
and if I have good camera operators, it will look GREAT. but no one ever wants to work Thanksgiving,
so I accept what I can get from University of Memphis and hope for the best.

20 feature races per night, 20 laps around, 15 minute time limit per class, so it's a good 4-6 hours of racing action
per night. Regardless, Thanksgiving, Friday and Saturday, we are on the air ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT with SOMETHING,
so tune in if you like. We should be monitoring chat, so if you tune in, gimme a shout...my IT guy will inform me. I will
be busy directing the show, but I will give you a shout out.

As most race fans know, this is how almost everyone starts a career in racing. Some will only ever do it for fun with
their families. But on Thanksgiving we will be doing a metric TON of driver interviews. You will get to see and hear
many of the drivers then, what they intend to do with their karting experience, who they are, where they are from...

OLS is offline   Reply With Quote