Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
My God, what a game... Hard fought, well won. Nothing but respect for LSU, possibly with the exception of Les Miles who needs to be banned from calling special teams plays, he gave that game away.

Not that Alabama was any better, "Hmm third down, lets blitz with everyone and leave a man wide open downfield.". At one point I was yelling at my television "STOP BLITZING ON THIRD DOWN!". Every damn time, 20 yards, 30 yards, it was ridiculous. LSU was dominating us on both sides of the ball for most of the game, thank goodness for big plays.

That said, ROLL TIDE!
I would say almost the same thing, except I don't think I'd be as kind to Bama! The third down blitzing and leaving LSU players with 20 yard buffers????? I'm in a hotel, else I'd have been screaming at the TV also.

Michael, don't sweat it, bro. I too had Brad on ignore last year. Took him off 6 months ago, but I just don't respond to any of the "baiting" stuff Brad post. That's the easiest way.

The other person Brad has on ignore is NinjaVanish, which is a good thing for Brad, because Jeremy has a much better grasp on football than Brad does. So it's easier to ignore Jeremy than accept the imbalance in knowledge. Me, on the otherhand...... I'm really am just a redneck with limited knowledge, and hardly worth the effort of notice! And that really, really doesn't bother me..... Which I find tends to just make some people more upset!!!

Back to the game..... I give this loss squarely to Les Miles. But really, it was more down to luck. If any one of his gambles had paid off, LSU would have won. The team itself played probably their best game of the season. The LSU offense well outplayed the Bama offense.