Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official Asylum Reef Tank Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-easy View Post
planning on setting up a 120 gallon, 48x24x24

lighting suggestions?
I have the 24" Nova T5 from right here.
The bulbs cost about 60 bucks a year to replace (and it's very important to replace them every year).
You should probably check the bulb replacement cost of any light you choose. They're super expensive.
My light doesn't get real hot and it's in excellent shape after almost three years sitting on top of my tank.
I'd never have guessed it'd last half that long, as nothing for salt water ever does if it has metal involved. The only thing that's ever happened is that the fan started making noise. It was full of crud (salt, dust, etc.) and I had to wash it out. I dried it carefully and lubricated it very lightly and it's back to being silent and works great.
I'd happily suggest the Nova T5's to any of my friends. I could not be more pleased with it and it had came highly recommended to me.
I don't think you could possibly go wrong.